Recall - Remington 700 and model 7 with X Mark pro trigger

Leon

For info -

"Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger. All product manufactured after April 9, 2014 is not subject to recall"

xmprecall.remington.com to enter your serial no. To check if your rifle is affected.

yeah very interesting

i've got two of my 700's affected by this recall

time to contact importers to see whats happening

lee

My 243 and 308 are both on the affected list. I have called and spoken to the gunsmith I bought them from (both used) and he had done trigger jobs on both which included a full strip and rebuild during the pre sales service and says therefore my rifles will be fine.

Any thoughts? I'm inclined to just carry on using them, the recall suggests the triggers will be stripped, cleaned, inspected and rebuilt which mine have had during the trigger job. I assume if I did send them off they would come back with a 'standard' trigger and not the improved I have now.

Kevin

From what I can gather they will strip, clean off the excessive sealer and rebuild. So you should get the same trigger back but probably set at the factory settings not the ones you have your trigger currently set at. If I had had a trigger job done I wouldn't bother sending it back

Al

Mine's one of those on the recall, I'm just going to chop it in for something. I've done with Remmy.

Just what are they talking about here,.. "Excess bonding agent" never saw any on mine, when I broke it down for a clean last year, are they blowing smoke up the proverbial here? Is there some more mechanical issue?:-|

Aye, sounds like flim flam to me too, the trigger assembly was supposedly re-designed in response to accidental discharges, like the one in the above video. So it looks like this revision is just as bad!

Glad I put a Timney trigger on mine for £70 a year after I bought it, thought there was also a recall/repair for a different safety, if it locked the bolt there had been discharges, they were changing the safety to one that did not lock the bolt on pre 06 models? check out Midway U.S. sure there was a post/pots elsewhere about this recall. deerwarden

I believe that it is only a voluntary recall in the U.S. probably an arse covering exercise because the famous U.S. liability laws.
I'm not sure what the situation would be legally in the U.K. because the purchasers contract will have been with the retailer selling these rifles and not the importers, and even then you would probably have to show that the rifle was actually at fault. The change in U.K. importers/distributors over the last couple of years probably hasn't helped to clarify the situation either.

Has anyone actually seen any information on this matter from the current importers?
I would envisage that if there is perceived to be a problem then the importers will make an arrangement with a reputable U.K. gunsmith to carry out the necessary work on behalf of Remington as I can't see thousands of affected rifles being returned to the factory for repair in spite of what some people are saying on other websites.

Back