Laserware ND - 100

MACKY

Been looking at one of the Laserwear N-100 lights.
Has any one any used one or has any info on them.
Had a look on the web sight & it looks like what I am after.

Just looking for any feed back.

John

I have the original 30mm one, actually the laser genetics one, works well on the .22lr and has enough reach to use it on the 22 hornet as well.
But I have to say the rat tail switch is a proper pain as far as reliability goes, I have gone through 3 tail caps and twice that many of the plug in rat tails.
Now just use the press button tail switch with perfect reliability, just not as user friendly.

Neil. :)

I'm informed by one member that the difference in performance compared to a NM800 doesn't justify the far greater cost. Problems with the switch as per above would only lend weight to that assertion.

I'm still considering both at this stage though so keep feedback coming please.

K

Last edited:
Been looking at one of the Laserwear N-100 lights.
Has any one any used one or has any info on them.
Had a look on the web sight & it looks like what I am after.

Just looking for any feed back.

John

You and your wallet will be happier with one of the green cree LED lights.... If you have a chance to borrow/try one of the laser designators first, it would be nice... I have both and the laser designator is pretty much useless in fog, mist, or drizzle... LED isn't perfect in those conditions, but a little better. Some of the laser designators won't work when it's cold also (sub zero line is supposed to be OK)....

I'm informed by one member that the difference in performance compared to a NM800 doesn't justify the far greater cost. Problems with the switch as per above would only lend weight to that assertion.

I'm still considering both at this stage though so keep feedback coming please.

K

I have both in green, the NM800 is a very recent purchase, has more 'legs' then the laser, and is destined for use on the 22 hornet and .223 or bigger.
The laser has only been used on the .22lr for the last year, and works very well, I will try the NM800 on the rimmy again, but it's so easy to lose the power setting you chose when using the rat tail, the new and soon to be released twist rear cap is a great idea, but I can't see there being a rat tail version of it available.
So for that reason alone I'll probably stick with the laser on the rimmy, as I have it set and pointing in the exact place I want it, and pressing the rear switch doesn't shift it at all, but I do tend to be very fussy about the beam pattern and where it points.
The laser I use with a very tight beam, it only just covers the centre ⅓ of the reticle, and is exactly centred on the cross hairs.

Neil. :)

Klenchblaize, IMG_20140413_042212.jpg This is a picture of the nd3x50 sub zero laser on top of nightforce, my friend bought one first and i purchased mine a couple of months later nearly 2 years ago, brilliant out to 400 yards but as Daven stated mist/fog forget it time to head home, this model i was told is a lot more powerful than the older models but i cannot really say if it isnor not, inever really have a problem in the rain with it and still use it, since i got the Photon night sight i tend to take it off and use it. Trial and error of stepping up to centre fire rifles from air rifles and shotguns, have had some cracking nights with it. oh main problem i had was the scrrw on the mounts was not very secure and i had to use special glue to keep a grip of it and then i eventually put on another screw like so...

Thanks for the feed back.
Just something I have been thinking about when I have to go for a walk about.
Some of the ground I shoot is very rough when walking so looking for somthing a bit lighter for walking.

tumbleweed, there about are you in Glasgow north or south ?

John

Back