Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first buck of the season

my first buck of the season

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140412_073417.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	515.6 KB 
ID:	40489
    been itching to get out this week with all the nice weather ,anyway was up early 20 min drive to perm, arrived at 630 am to the sight of 6 does and this 7 pointer buck ,got the t3 down on the bipod 80yrd shot, stone dead . my first deer ,only had my fac 2 weeks .

Very nice first buck,you must be well chuffed. If you have any more pics would love to see some from different angles and when cleaned, I love the abnormal heads ,again well done,
    regards jab

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140412_073425.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	526.5 KB 
ID:	40501
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Very nice first buck,you must be well chuffed. If you have any more pics would love to see some from different angles and when cleaned, I love the abnormal heads ,again well done,
    regards jab
    did take one more ,will take another when I clean his head up.

Hearty hearty congratulations Neil you jammy so and so, the first one of our course to get his first post course I'd merit, well done fella!! Were you solo? How did the gralloch go?

You're all heart Jonny

very well done neil nice one, dont forget to rub it in,
    DONT START

I was a little more gracious in my PM but we'd been egging each other on for a couple of weeks.

Well played guv and the pic to prove it - can't argue with any of that.

lol of course you were Jonny, you're a gent but still nothing like a healthy bit of banter

So, whose going to be next, now Neil's put us both to shame? I see from facebook that Simon got his first post-DSC1, out with Paul. I've got the week off so, health permitting, I've got two trips to my deer permission planned and perhaps something coming from the other ~500 acre deer management opportunity. So, could be a full stalking related week, particularly with gutting and sorting the garage and putting rings into the roof (for s-hooks - to enable butchering out of sight of the missus) on Monday and a new rifle cabinet hopefully arriving later in the week.

Back on topic, hat's off again Neil, absolutely delighted for you fella, you've done the course proud

hi tim yes was solo ,it does sort of hit home when you knock it over and you got to get on with the messy stuff ,but gralloch went well ,its not my first gralloch but is my first out in the field on my own .just got to get stuck in .lol and remember the video we seen on the course
    hardest bit was dragging it back to the van. got to go and watch how to butcher it tomorrow .
    cheers neill.