Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AOLQ conditions in Scotland (show of hands please)

AOLQ conditions in Scotland (show of hands please)

who has it?
    what former region? (as we are all in "Police Scotland" now)

I have been "fighting" for god knows how long to get "boar" on my FAC so I can rebook a botched attempt to visit Colin in D&G
    this was to be added to firearms I already own and already have "1D Deer" on

Finally got it but it was a serious struggle

I now discover that contrary to what L&B originally told me some time ago that AOLQ does exist in Scotland

question is .....is it only the Strathclyde area that does it?

I've not got it Bewsher with L&B

I did manage to get boar on my ticket, but it was conditioned for Colin's ground in D & G. No AOLQ, I can't understand why they won't just put it on as I'm sure most of us can get our heads round what is and is not legal quarry. L&B
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270

How do they justify failing to go along with the ACPO guidance on AOLQ?

Ed, iv got 'to shoot deer or vermin with permission of land owner with .270 ' on mine so I take it thats all species of deer . Was also in at pitt st today for a variation and asked about getting boar on mine . The feo said they wouldnt permit it with a .270 as it wouldnt be strong enough?. She said I would need to get a 30-06 or werabouts so what is the legal calibre for the grunters.....scott

on the same note how do i go on with my new variation, ie what do i put on it deer/boar,cheers doug,i allready have AOLQ on for 223 and yes i know its not scotland
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 14-04-2014 at 19:40.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    and asked about getting boar on mine . The feo said they wouldnt permit it with a .270 as it wouldnt be strong enough?. She said I would need to get a 30-06 or werabouts so what is the legal calibre for the grunters.....scott

bollox
    that is exactly what they just gave it to me on!
    2x.270
    1x.300WM

now with added boar!

.270 is generally regarded as a good calibre for boar but there is no "legal minimum" for UK boar
    any 6.5x55, .260, .308, .270 etc etc will do the job just fine

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    bollox
    that is exactly what they just gave it to me on!
    2x.270
    1x.300WM

now with added boar!

.270 is generally regarded as a good calibre for boar but there is no "legal minimum" for UK boar
    any 6.5x55, .260, .308, .270 etc etc will do the job just fine
    Well said ed couldn't agree more . Tried to explain the 270 would drop them but after speaking to her sergeant she came back and said no it would need to be bigger , in the range of a 30-06 . Obviously they dont know the size or much about them

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Well said ed couldn't agree more . Tried to explain the 270 would drop them but after speaking to her sergeant she came back and said no it would need to be bigger , in the range of a 30-06 . Obviously they dont know the size or much about them
    show them some energy stats

130gr .270 3100fps energy at 0 yds = 2747ftlbs -at 100yds 2375ftlbs
    180gr .30-06 2674fps energy at 0 yds = 2859ftlbs -at 100yds 2497ftlbs

100 ftlbs is the difference of a .22lr subsonic round at the muzzle! hardly game changing!
    Christ its one of Franz Albrech's favourite calibres!

i had this convo with SACs at the stalking fair , we have boar now on our ground at the borders, strathclyde police say there are NO wild boar in scotland , but there may be escapees from farms ans as such wont put them on my ticket .

we had wondered if they would come under vermin but SACs say this is a non starter , so there you have it we have boar but cant shoot them