BASC Arran stalking Scheme to finish soon.

Deerstalker2010

David from BASC can you give me any information on the BASC scheme i was talking to a chap to day from the FE and he said that Basc would not meet the criteria that is needed now to run a lease and there fore will be loosing the shooting there very soon.

DS2010,
Don't waste your time,Get in there and make your bid!
27,500 acres at the current market value, be quick before some European hunting club makes an offer.
Please bear in mind that if anyone is successful then they will be putting a full time FC stalker, of some 30 years out of work.
That is of course if your information is correct!

Griff

Neil,

Think the post was more about the fact that BASC could not meet the FC criteria, not that the FC can sell public land and sack Mr Logan.

It is all about preferential treatment for the chosen few on public land.

dont know whether i agree or not, just clarifying the post as i interpret it.

Would it not be simpler just to state any actual reasons for basc not carrying on the lease, rather than using broad terms like criteria, Anybody really have the low down on this? :rolleyes:

Like i said one of the head men from the FE told me that the way BASC runs Aran now dose not meet the way leases should be run and will be stopping.
Now it makes sense that we should all get treated the same and if not then there should be a very good reason. ;)

Dog in a Manger? The "level palying field" now will probably be that no member of the public will in future be able to stalk on Arran.

I wait to see how soon this is applied to land covered by the Defence Deer Initiative (or whatever else it is called) and the likes of "Service Game Shoots" over other MOD Training Areas.

Deerstalker2010 said:
Like i said one of the head men from the FE told me that the way BASC runs Aran now dose not meet the way leases should be run and will be stopping.
Now it makes sense that we should all get treated the same and if not then there should be a very good reason. ;)
Did the "head man", actually say anything detailed?, in what "way" is basc found wanting? does he mean that basc members stalking Arran cannot magic deer out of nowhere? 8)

Finnbear he told me that when BASC took on the lease and similarly the bds lease the criteria was not as strict as it is now. There are groups in scotland who are actively looking for ground they can train members on to the standard of the government eg LEV 2 or Scotvec. They have been told that there will be no lands made available to them for this purpose. That means there will be no BASC Scheme as things stand his words not mine.This will of coarse mean that the training areas down south peter purse gloves ground will go also as the SFC FE FC WILL ALL BECOME ONE THIS YEAR I AM TOLD. WE WILL WAIT AND SEE.

DS , If as I understand it, you say you have been told FC are going to close leases to basc / whoever, purely on the grounds of stalkers being trained on the lease, then this would not apply to basc's Arran scheme, Arran is not & never has been a training ground, L1 is needed to allow stalkers acsess to the ground, training is not offered, only a "limited" chance of maybe a little larder work, or perhaps a stalk with an AW, who just happens to be on it as well. Steve.

That will be the same as the other groups want and its got to be a level playing field looks like some ones nuts will be well and trully in a sling ;)

BASC have held the lease on Arran for several years

BASC have renewed the lease on several occasions

BASC are in regular contact with FE people at least up to Director Opps level that I know of and have not heard any thing negative about our lease holding from any of them

BASC have met all the criteria of the lease

The lease is up for renewal again in 2011 ( I think)

End of the matter I suggest.

David

The lease is up for renewal again in 2011 ( I think)

End of the matter I suggest.

Thank you. If in the meantime you need the members to write in support of this excellent scheme - and the one in Norfolk - you do have only to ask.

Back