Breeze is at the vets.

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
My dog Breeze whome many of you know is in the vets with a smashed pelvis and some other issues.
Driving to the grounds this morning we went through a village (I have many times) with speed bumps in it. It seems a speed bump has dislodged the sneck of her cage. She has then jumped from the back of my pick up and was hit by a car.
Its all very silly and this mornings trip out was no different then any other morning. Just a bad day.
I have 24 hours now to mull over the reports and await further diagnosis and quotes.
It will all come down to her quality of life after this.
A tough time for me and my family indeed.
Her other issues are at the moment not life threatening but she will need major surgery to pin her pelvis back together. They are worried about pain she may suffer once healed. Its early days yet. I will keep you all informed.

My dog Breeze whome many of you know is in the vets with a smashed pelvis and some other issues.
Driving to the grounds this morning we went through a village (I have many times) with speed bumps in it. It seems a speed bump has dislodged the sneck of her cage. She has then jumped from the back of my pick up and was hit by a car.
Its all very silly and this mornings trip out was no different then any other morning. Just a bad day.
I have 24 hours now to mull over the reports and await further diagnosis and quotes.
It will all come down to her quality of life after this.
A tough time for me and my family indeed.
Her other issues are at the moment not life threatening but she will need major surgery to pin her pelvis back together. They are worried about pain she may suffer once healed. Its early days yet. I will keep you all informed.

Sorry to hear that john hope she get,s through this ok as she a cracking dog
DJC

Really sorry to hear that john my thoughts are with you and your family a tough time for sure , I'm wishing her a swift recovery and to be back out with you as soon as possible
atb Jim

That's real bad luck and bad news John, your films show her to be a real beaut of a dog the likes of which don't come along very often. It must be very upsetting for you all but I am sure that you will make the right decision whatever regarding the welfare and quality of life for her.

I'm Stunned. I will be Rooting for you both. Let's just hope the Vet can get her sorted.

Yorkie.

Sorry to hear about Breeze. I know many stalkers from this site have been out stalking with Breeze and know how good a dog she is and how much she means to you. Hope everything works out for the best.

Willie

Last edited:
Hi John,
properly treated most dogs with pelvic fractures can do very well. The main thing that causes problems is where the fractures extend into the hip joint. If the fractures do not affect the hip then the prognosis should be good providing the nerve function remains intact. Are there any other injuries?
simon

Back