Sako 75 Picatinny Rail

If quality is what you want then Near Manufacturing is the best I've seen and used. Just my 2p worth.

you are correct in what you say as they look right and give a sort of factory fit look to them

i sent near an email asking for the same thing but for an 85 but i never go a reply back maybe they didnt receive it maybe they are busy who knows but i would love one of there pic rails

Id look into getting the action drilled and tapped, seen it on one in 6.5x55 and a mcmillan A5 stock i think, a guy on ukv, looks much more robust and at the right height.

you are correct in what you say as they look right and give a sort of factory fit look to them

i sent near an email asking for the same thing but for an 85 but i never go a reply back maybe they didnt receive it maybe they are busy who knows but i would love one of there pic rails
Hi I got a rail for a sako 85 in long action off alan rhone on of the best bits of kit I have ever bought well worth a look on his website

Near never replied to my emails either, they don't seem very interested in supplying overseas anymore.

The Recknagel/Roedale rails really didn't float my boat, too many moving parts and they don't do 20MOA for action 1 anyway so I had one made by Neil McKillop

Sako_Rail.JPG

Near never replied to my emails either, they don't seem very interested in supplying overseas anymore.

The Recknagel/Roedale rails really didn't float my boat, too many moving parts and they don't do 20MOA for action 1 anyway so I had one made by Neil McKillop

Sako_Rail.JPG

thats the way to do it!

Sako_Rail.JPG

I think unbeknown to me just dribbled that looks very nice and just what im after

p.s i notice youve got an adjustable comb :)

who is Neil Mckillop ? And how is that fitted are the original dovetails still there as in its knocked on then bolted from top or have the dovetails been removed ?

Neil is a riflesmith near Reading, Berkshire. Goes by the name "dasherman" on some forums, he has a good reputation. Never had anything built by him but he helped me out once by removing a broken rail screw from an action of mine.

Neil is aN EXCELLENT riflesmith near Reading, Berkshire. Goes by the name "dasherman" on some forums, he has a good reputation. Never had anything built by him but he helped me out once by removing a broken rail screw from an action of mine.

Ive edited your post Gary. ;)

Pete

I think unbeknown to me just dribbled that looks very nice and just what im after

p.s i notice youve got an adjustable comb :)

who is Neil Mckillop ? And how is that fitted are the original dovetails still there as in its knocked on then bolted from top or have the dovetails been removed ?

I use Neil for all my rifle work and have always been nothing but delighted with his work, he has another one of my rifles at the moment for a re barrel.

The rail was custom made to fit over the top of the dovetails and is drilled through the action to secure it, it really is an excellent bit of work.

This was the first of my 75's I had fitted with an adjustable comb, although it's quite good, it wasn't 100% what I wanted, that is why I wanted somebody else to do my other one. I have posted a picture of the second one in the thread I posted in the gunsmith's section.

Neil McKillop is simply top notch, honest first class... If he can make you a rail then that's the U K way to go.
Richard Near made me a couple of prototype rails for a Tikka 595 and for a 695 which I've still got. I also purchased a standard rail for Sako 75 which was rock solid. I can't recommend either highly enough.

Sako_Rail.JPG

Now, THAT'S what I want on the rebarrel! Very, very good looking rail that doesn't seem to sit as high as the Recknagel ones

EDIT: However, having spoken to Neil, at £276 for one of these, as nice as it is, I'm going to get my Optilocks engineered to give me 20MOA instead!!!!

Last edited:
Back