Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which AT tyre?

Which AT tyre?

Are these type of tyre a case of, you get what you pay for or are there some alternatives to Goodrich and GGs that do the same job.

Cheers. Matt.

I think its a case of you get what you pay for. Bf goodrich do last a lot of miles.

Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Nexen Roadian ATII are a cheaper alternative to BFG's very similar tread pattern.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Hi, I've tried the old style General Grabber AT2, the new GG All Terrain, and I'm currently
    running BF Goodrich AT.

As much as the new GG All Terrain don't look very chunky, they are a very good tyre, quiet on
    the road, reasonable value, good grip on everything other than seriously deep mud.

The BF Goodrich are equally as good, but expensive.

My money would be on the General Grabber AT for good value, wear rate and grip.

I've had GG AT2 on the bac and the newer GG AT on the front ( I couldn't get AT2 in the right sizes at the time) for over 50k miles, probably 80/20 road/offroad, and still loads of tread left. Great in the mud, quiet and grippy enough on the road for an AT tyre. I found cheaper AT tyres to be lacking in grip on wet roads.

+1 for Grabbers. I've found them very good.

Depends what you need, but because of the silly 18" wheels on my X-Trail the choice was limited, but I went for Yokohama Geolander ATS tyres. Brilliant, quieter on Tarmac than the previous road tyres, pulled a trailer full of logs out of a wet field after a L200 with cheap ATs failed miserably! Probably more road bias than mud, but good compromise. ATB, Richard

Try Coopers, Kumho for new tyres, or go real cheap and look at insa turbo re moulds.
    All depends what it's going on and how far from the road you need to go.
    I use mine for a living in following forestry machines through woods -I'm on BFG AT's or oversize Cooper STT if it's going to get messy!

In a similar position myself mot coming soon and need tyres have used GG AT 2 and BFG both very good on the L200 think I'll have to stump up the extra 30 -40 a Corner
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    In a similar position myself mot coming soon and need tyres have used GG AT 2 and BFG both very good on the L200 think I'll have to stump up the extra 30 -40 a Corner
    norma
    Theses are to go on a l200 also Norma. I think I'm going to go for the general grabber at2. I got a quote today from a local outlet for these and looking about on the tinternet it was quite a good price. 112 per corner fitted?