Thread: Poaching, rustling and coursing on the increase

Poaching, rustling and coursing on the increase

"Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    Probably bring in a law (without telling anyone) to make it illegal to have it happen on your land, as there are already laws to stop the people doing it, but they don't work, so punish the innocent instead, more revenue from fines then.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I had a look on The Hunting Life forum a few weeks back and there were a couple of threads on poaching and I couldn't believe how many people either admitted to it or thought of it as a noble act carried out by salt of the earth types just trying to feed their family because mega rich landowners could afford the loss. As soon as someone either posted to say they paid for permission or owned and they were basically called mugs for paying or self righteous for defending what was theirs! Made me realise what a decent buch of people are on the AD compared to the HL.

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Under the constraints of the Hunting Act 2004, a landowner or occupier is guilty of an offence by knowingly permitting coursing on their land

Quote Originally Posted by KBar1970 View Post
    Under the constraints of the Hunting Act 2004, a landowner or occupier is guilty of an offence by knowingly permitting coursing on their land
    So if you 'let them carry on' to avoid your house getting torched, is that an offence ? This country is so bloody displaced. The law is no use in these cases as the only person 'protected' by it is the ones in the wrong.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    So if you 'let them carry on' to avoid your house getting torched, is that an offence ? This country is so bloody displaced. The law is no use in these cases as the only person 'protected' by it is the ones in the wrong.

Pete
    I doubt any court would take the view that due to adverse pressure or circumstances there was any explicit or complicit act on the part of the landowner or occupier; the reason the police prefer to use the Hunting Act 2004 against itinerant hare poachers is that any and all vehicles etc can be seized [and ultimately, scrapped]...far more effective than a few hundred quid fine using the [antiquated] Game Acts; the downside is that poaching offences are now seen as illegal hunting offences, grouped together the very very few cases involving registered packs of Hounds...so when the enemy crows about 'hundreds of successful convictions for illegal hunting', 90+% are for what would have been classed as poaching offences

The real downside of course is where there are hares, there are poachers using longdogs..no hares = no problem. Another loss of fauna and biodiversity

I have heard a rumour that they are putting do as you likeys on the general licence

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    I have heard a rumour that they are putting do as you likeys on the general licence

Ooh, you tease 😜

PSC1 anybody ?

Home | Varminting UK