opinions on Sako 75

Mungo

I'd appreciate people's opinions on this:

I have the offer to get a Sako 75 in .243, in very good condition and at a very reasonable price (with a S&B 8X56 thrown in).

I would be very grateful for people's thoughts.

I had one (Sako 75 finlite) about fifteen years ago and regretted selling it. I then bought a Sauer 202, I then bought a Blaser R93 and I have just gone back to a 75 Finlite, simply because I shot better with that than any of the others.
If you buy it then I doubt you would regret it. My only gripe would be that the bolt is a bit sloppy, but if you can live with that then Id say go for it.

Paul

I have the same gun in stainless synthetic, 6x42 s&b on top, that combo has accounted for more red,fallow and roe than i care to remember, if it's the right price buy it!
Cheers
Richard

Great rifles. Lots of people will tell you on here that the actions are built very well and as a result a lot of semi customs are built on this action. It will hold it's value too so always a good buy at the right price.

I had one from new in .308. I swapped the standard Hunter stock for a McMillan but it was otherwise standard. It accounted for many deer over the years, and I was happy with it until the accuracy dropped off (borescoping showed it was badly pitted). I had owned it from new and looked after it, so that point my confidence in the rifle went South. I sold it and it's now been re-barreled as a 6.5x47L.

Personally I don't think it was better or worse than any other off-the-shelf rifle, so if it suits you, go for it.

willie_gunn

I'd appreciate people's opinions on this:

I have the offer to get a Sako 75 in .243, in very good condition and at a very reasonable price (with a S&B 8X56 thrown in).

I would be very grateful for people's thoughts.
I have one that is now eight years old that I have owned from new. It shoots very well indeed and it is my favourite rifle.
The 75 has that key-lock in the bolt, which I have never used and had no trouble with.
I have had mine shortened to twenty inches.

I have two, 308 and 243, my wife shoots a 6.5x55 all stainless synthetic done lots of hard work, bought them all when they first came out can't fault them. Wf1

I have two one in 243 and one in 708, I have owned five 75s in various calibres and all them shot sub one inch groups, I did have a Sako 85 in 243 for about two weeks when they first came out, I then took it back to the dealers to see if I could have my old 75 back but it was sold, so managed to get another new 75 in 243 and I still have that rifle today.

If you find one in good condition buy it you wont be dissapointed.

I have a sako 75 in .243, only had it about 6 months, but cant fault it, the thing I would of liked is a stainless barrel but it makes no difference to its performance

atb
simon

Probably one of the best factory rifles (if not THE best!) ever made for the price. The action is more sought after than the Sako 85!
I have two!
MS

If its been looked after you will not be disappointed a top quality accurate rile. Cant fault mine ,don't worry about the f/pin lock no problem if you don't use it(make sure you get the key)
knowitall

Don't mean to hi-jack OPs thread but I have a similar situation. Different calibre though, .270. How goes the 75 compare with the 85 ?

Thanks for the replies folks - much appreciated.

What is this firing pin lock? Could someone explain?

Its a key (not your traditional type) that fits in the rear of the bolt that enables the bolt to be locked into the action. I thought that it was a great security feature, but they droped it on the 85.

Paul

Firing pin lock - fantastic gismo allowing you to lock the bolt into the rifle making it useless should you lose the key.. with this in mind number of times used since owning the gun about 2 so maybe more of a gismo than function for me.

PS...PM me the details of the rifle I'll give it a loving home :love:

PPS spot who types with one finger then!!

Last edited:
Back