140gr berger hybrids

No I have not tried the 140gr a max yet and probaly wont nowi went for the highest bc bullets,ive used up too much of the barrels life testing, its been more like a test barrel, all testing done, need to just shoot it now

No I have not tried the 140gr a max yet and probaly wont nowi went for the highest bc bullets,ive used up too much of the barrels life testing, its been more like a test barrel, all testing done, need to just shoot it now
Thought that why you chose the Bergers with the high BC - you mention that you have the matchkings going well -the BC is pretty good on them too as well as the Lapua scenars!!!

Tested scenars but not in a big way, 100yd grouping pretty good but not so at 1000yds, only tried them with n160, load was probaly a tad hot as data on 6.5 06 is poo, probaly will try 140gr amax if I rebarrel it in a 6.5 cal again, is some nice 7mm cals around now, do like the 6.5 cals though

One thing I would say about the vortex the eye relief is quite critical but not a bad coz you gotta get you cheek weld just right so should be more consistent, nice glass, good workings,zero stop, only really one thing I could pick fault with is whole recticle illuminates, really that should be the little cross in the middle, not sure I will use it anyway, will give it trail no doubt.

Last edited:
One thing I would say about the vortex the eye relief is quite critical but not a bad coz you gotta get you cheek weld just right so should be more consistent, nice glass, got workings,zero stop, only really one thing I could pick fault with is whole recticle illuminates, really that should be the little cross in the middle, not sur I will use it anyway, will give it trail no doubt.
Not looked through one so good to hear your views!!!;)
As for illuminated reticle - ideal for Foxing and when those deer come out at low light!!

One thing I would say about the vortex the eye relief is quite critical but not a bad coz you gotta get you cheek weld just right so should be more consistent, nice glass, got workings,zero stop, only really one thing I could pick fault with is whole recticle illuminates, really that should be the little cross in the middle, not sur I will use it anyway, will give it trail no doubt.

I sold a vortex viper not long ago nice scope .but did not like the illumanted cross hairs
would be better with a dot or small cross

The ebr1 recticle is great, really like it, its a really well thought out scope apart from the illumination, the dial is good too,

The ebr1 recticle is great, really like it, its a really well thought out scope apart from the illumination, the dial is good too,

I use the MK 4 Leupold and with the adjustable rheostat i can turn it on so it just glows slightly in the center so it does not ruin the sight picture in low light or when Foxing with a orange filter...

Back