Shoulder op

the scudd

well that's me of to hospital for shoulder op, not a big operation but long recovery time no driving for 2 months:eek: and god knows how long til I lift the rifle. not looking forward to it, wish me luck

good luck scudd, they told me i had to have a shoulder op 8 years ago but as a self employed plasterer/builder they said 8 months with no work,so still in pain, may have it done when i retire in 6 years time !!! again good luck let me know how you get on atb john.

Depends on exactly what you are having done ?
Had both of mine worked on now, as well as elbows and wrists, topped off with a spinal fusion at C5/C6.
Both my shoulders have had bone re-shaping and removal plus muscle/tendon repairs, including rotator cuff rebuild.
Before each operation I was told between 2 and 12 month for full recovery, scare mongering or covering their asses ?
Don't know which, but none have caused serious problems, first shoulder was painful but I was riding (gingerly) a motor cycle less than 3 weeks later.
Left shoulder was a bit stiff, and full movement took a while to come back, but I was driving in less than a week.
Spinal fusion, any sudden movement was painful for a month, but I went on a camping holiday 3 and ½ weeks after the opp, and did a clay shoot
and range day with rifles. Your body is the best gauge of what you can do, not the doctor, unless you rely on painkillers to get you by.
If you do that then sitting at home is the only safe way to go, as they will let you do damage to yourself.
I have another couple of spinal fusion to go through this year, not looking forward to them, but not terrible worried either, and I will do as much as I can as soon as I can.
Good luck with yours :thumb:

Neil. :)

good luck scudd, they told me i had to have a shoulder op 8 years ago but as a self employed plasterer/builder they said 8 months with no work,so still in pain, may have it done when i retire in 6 years time !!! again good luck let me know how you get on atb john.

hi john I,m a plasterer this has been giving me trouble for years so bit the bullet, been told 9 months to a year off.

I tell you what they don,t hang about at those private hospitals, checked in to reception at 10 oclock nnd was on the operating table at 10 .30 back in the bed for 12 job done, had to have tendon repaired some of the shoulder bone shaved off then had the tendon attached to the bone with titanium rods, gonna have a lot of spare time on my hands, very glad its over

I've been very lucky as my last 4 or 5 opp's have been done at a private hospital but paid for by NHS.
I'm sure you won't be as incapacitated for as long as you fear at the moment, good luck and heal well.

Neil. :)

scudd, hang up that hawk and stop our dark art for a bit. and definitely no dashing !!!! glad it went well atb john

Back