Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: challenging stalking?

challenging stalking?

does anyone know of any very remote areas in scotland where you can go out for say 3/4 days stalking, but sleeping out on the hills bivvy bagging?
    cheers J

Must be somewhere it a blinkin big place

If not why not get yourself a plane ticket to NZ they are around six hundred quid if you look about, you can tramp an hunt to your hearts content there mate, get an NZ FAC for a tenner so long as you have a current UK FAC with you.
    Do the maths not much in it cost us an awful lot in fuel last time we went to Sutherland and you would have a proper experience to remember.
    If you aren't in a hurry PM me I am going to organise a trip over there late summer to take in the Taupo Sika Show also.

I think Yeti has the 'T' shirt for NZ, Legal.

Yeti ?

Never eard of im

Time to move over there's a new boy on the block 8)

Joking apart, we are moving out there and will be running fairchase hunting and fishing holidays, pretty much at cost for the hunting and fishing as we will be more into the accomodation side of things.
    However this Autumn the plan is to take a small party over as a learning curve and will be absolutely just on a splitting the costs basis, so it will be a very good deal.
    I have some really good guides at great prices, mostly be DOC lands, but it is always a good idea to take out a guide who knows the area, bit of deer hunting, pigs with dogs, Taupo fly fishing for steel heads and poss some sea fishing dependent on conditions and time and ultimately of course what those in the party wish to do.

The things you hear about when you aint got the folding!

Steve we are going out there to live so once we are settled in anytime you have a bit of spare cash you are welcome to come over to hunt the DOC land with us 8)

I had better get me a couple of good luck gremlins grassed then!

Re: challenging stalking?

Quote Originally Posted by yetidude69
    does anyone know of any very remote areas in scotland where you can go out for say 3/4 days stalking, but sleeping out on the hills bivvy bagging?
    cheers J
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle69
    Must be somewhere it a blinkin big place

If not why not get yourself a plane ticket to NZ they are around six hundred quid if you look about, you can tramp an hunt to your hearts content there mate, get an NZ FAC for a tenner so long as you have a current UK FAC with you.
    Do the maths not much in it cost us an awful lot in fuel last time we went to Sutherland and you would have a proper experience to remember.
    If you aren't in a hurry PM me I am going to organise a trip over there late summer to take in the Taupo Sika Show also.

Yes ur right this is what i am wanting to recreate! i spent a year out in new zealand hunting! Mainly the south island as it was the kind of wilderness experience i wanted, I found it to be truly challenging but highly rewarding! An experience i would recommend to any hunter!

Stalking

If you want challenging stalking get an FC lease,

the challenge will be to find a deer