Thread: Posting Firearms to RFD

Posting Firearms to RFD

Very quick question.

Selling a Moderator to an RFD. it has to go via the post in some way.

I know about giving it to my local RFD to sent it on to another RFD but, i thought i read somewhere that i could send it straight to a RDF but it would have to be posted back to an RFD for me to collect. Is this right?

If so, and i can post, who do i use to send the Moderator.

Just after the facts really.

thanks for looking guys

ATB
    Phil

Yes, Royal Mail are licensed to carry sporting arms as part of their charter and you can use them to post a registered firearm to a receiving RFD. They tried to get out of it recently but had to back track - instead they now make it difficult by restricting maximum parcel size to less than 67cm in length (obviously you'll be fine with a moderator).

You are supposed to enclose a copy of your FAC in the package and declare the fact that it is a firearm at the Post Office when posting - I do the former but when asked what's in the parcel I usually just say machine parts or sports equipment rather than a gun...

i think technically its a face to face transaction thus you will need a rfd to both send and recieve firearms and mods

any way to use parcel force you need an account and for the account codition for transportation o f either section 1 2 5 yhery require a copy of your rfd
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Yes, Royal Mail are licensed to carry sporting arms as part of their charter and you can use them to post a registered firearm to a receiving RFD. They tried to get out of it recently but had to back track - instead they now make it difficult by restricting maximum parcel size to less than 67cm in length (obviously you'll be fine with a moderator).

You are supposed to enclose a copy of your FAC in the package and declare the fact that it is a firearm at the Post Office when posting - I do the former but when asked what's in the parcel I usually just say machine parts or sports equipment rather than a gun...
    Does anyone know if Royal Mail will deliver S5 expanding bullets, they were trying to stop that as well?

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Does anyone know if Royal Mail will deliver S5 expanding bullets, they were trying to stop that as well?

atb Tim

they arnt allowed to do certain un numbers i.e. powder and primers and commercial ammo thats where tnt step in

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    they arnt allowed to do certain un numbers i.e. powder and primers and commercial ammo thats where tnt step in
    I was thinking of buying from abroad again.

I support my local gun shop as much as I can but due to limited local demand there are some items that they haven't got, e.g. .243 accubond 90 grn.

It is most inconvenient not being able to order these from a UK supplier, I am sure that many RFD's could supply them if they were allowed to post direct to me.

atb Tim

get the rfd to post to your localk rfd thats the only way

sorry, not sure if its off track or me reading wrong. Lol.

At a mod going to an RFD. So if I'm reading right then I can post, include a copy of my FAC and say its machined parts. When that ask at the PO, but I do need to send recorded.??

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    sorry, not sure if its off track or me reading wrong. Lol.

At a mod going to an RFD. So if I'm reading right then I can post, include a copy of my FAC and say its machined parts. When that ask at the PO, but I do need to send recorded.??

Recorded is a waste of time an money just means some body has to sign it at the delivery address if it gets lost in the system its the same as 1st class post same insurance as well (not that RM will pay out any thing ) etc

Special delivery is the Tracked service with sig on delivery