Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Tuscany !

Hello from Tuscany !

Hello!

I am Alex, I live in Tuscany, and this is the third time I write my introduction... I probably have problems with internet...

I live and hunt in Tuscany, Italy. I hope this Forum is not closed for the no-british hunters... !

I have the hunting licence from 1971, and so I am not "very" young.

My dog is Jole von der Himmelsleiter a GSP, a 3 y.o. female, and has successfully passed the hunting tests work in Germany like Derby, Solms, VGP, HN and a blood tracking test in Italy. I love her.

My calibers? .243, .30-06, 7 Rem Mag, and so on. I love rifles too.
    At the moment my "best friend" is a Ritterbusch rifle (Mauser bolt action) in .30-06. My preferred ammunitions for it are the RWS DK.

In Tuscany in the last 10-20 years we have had an incredible increase in the population of ungulates: roe deers (400.000 extimated pop.), fallow deers, wild boars (1.000.000) and even some red deers, and so we "must" hunting !

Greetings from Tuscany, Alex.
    Last edited by Alex from Tuscany; 18-04-2014 at 15:02.

Welcome, where abouts are you from? I'm getting married in Tuscany next month...... In Bagni di Lucca......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Welcome, where abouts are you from? I'm getting married in Tuscany next month...... In Bagni di Lucca......

Congratulations to you and to your future wife!

I am from the hearth of Tuscany, in the country beetween Florence and Siena.

Beautiful country, what do you hunt? Mainly boar?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Hello a big welcom from me we visit tuscanny every year its a great place, the place we stay in the hills has a small stream i fly fish and walk in the mornings, i have seen some cracking roe bucks and boar tramping through the vinyards at night, hey deerstalker good luck on the wedding, we stayed near bagni di lucca a few years back, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Beautiful country, what do you hunt? Mainly boar?
    Mainly boars and roe deers. But I hunt pheasants too with my GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    Hello a big welcom from me we visit tuscanny every year its a great place, the place we stay in the hills has a small stream i fly fish and walk in the mornings, i have seen some cracking roe bucks and boar tramping through the vinyards at night, hey deerstalker good luck on the wedding, we stayed near bagni di lucca a few years back, atb wayne
    Hi Mereside, thanks!
    In Tuscany, mainly in Chianti and in Montalcino, the roe deers and the boars are a big problem for the vineyards.

Welcome Alex was on holiday there a few years ago seen the only wild boar i have ever seen on the road to voltera a very beautiful place

Hi Davie,
    my home is only 20 min from Volterra. In Volterra's country we have the "Berignone Forrest", a natural reserve. It's the "home" of wild boar, fallow and muflon. In the last years of his majesty the wolf too.

Alex, visit Tuscany every year as my sister has lived there for over thirty five years in the maremma near Massa marittama. Plenty of boar in her garden and you have to swerve to avoid them on the roads at night as the woods are so thick it is difficult to see Roe (capriolo) but they are there. Great country .superb food and wine and the howl of the boar dogs echoes throughout the hills.
    Rihard