Thread: .22 JET wanted.

.22 JET wanted.

Did put out an ask a wile ago about the same but with so many new members thought i would have anorther go. Have managed to get some cases but allways need more.

Does anyone have or no of any .22 JET cases or loaded rounds etc. anything considerd have purchased some from the USA but could do with some more.

Hi,
    My understanding is that the 22 Jet is actually based on a necked down 357 Magnum case, so easy to get cheap once fired or new base cases and use RCBS or whoever dies to make up cases from there.
    What will they then be fired in?
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit
    Hi,
    My understanding is that the 22 Jet is actually based on a necked down 357 Magnum case, so easy to get cheap once fired or new base cases and use RCBS or whoever dies to make up cases from there.
    What will they then be fired in?
    Martin
    While the case is based on the .357 magnum, the severe body taper makes forming difficult. Been there and done that.

However, if one wasnted a life-long supply of cases it would pay to get a hold of RCBS and buy the forming dies.~Muir

PS: I had a 22 JEt revolver. It was a real P.I.A. to keep shooting.

jet

thanks for the input on the jet subject. pm sent to a couple of contacts.
    Sorry to hear you had problems with you pistol Muir I have heard this before I shoot mine from a rifle and have had no such trouble and is proving to be a lovely rifle for hares.

I'll bet it is! I shoot a 256 Winchester Magnum which is a .357 necked down to .25 caliber. With 60 grain HP bullets at 2600 fps it is very effective on game up to coyote size. ~Muir

Hi Muir, how was the flight?, I've had a couple hours in the back seat of a Piper this last few days, cracking views over the snowscapes! Also managed to squirt off some of those test loaded 100 grainers in the 7mmWizz.

The flight was great. Las Vegas was nothing but rain but in truth, I didn't leave the hotel for three days anyhow. Got to see lots of shooting gear at the SHOT Show and hob-knob with some CEO's of ammo makers and distribuitors. I even won $15 in a slot machine. Made it back to God's Country just in time to get blizzarded on.

Upon my return I found 100 pcs of 7x57 brass and 500 140 grain SP BT bullets in a soggy box on my back stoop. I guess I'll try to get them working in my 7x57 this weekend. How'd the 100 grainers shoot? and did you take pictures from the Cessy??~Muir