Thread: first buck of the season

first buck of the season

myself and a couple of mates made the journey to our ground last weekend and what a worth while journey it was. as soon as we arrived I was seeing deer after spooking a trio and spending some time filming a doe I was quite happy to put my feet up and plan tomorrows stalking.but buzz had other plans once again he was telling me that there was deer in the area after a couple of minutes glassing they appeared large as life two does and a buck game on. they were below me in some old clearfell the shot was to long for me at 260m so no choice hands and knees needed . I sat the dog left my stick with him knowing I wouldent be able to take a standing shot what seemed like ten miles and 1 hour later I had reached a point where I could not get any closer without being seen. still a bit to far but its getting dark so its know or never a steady bipod on a stump made it feel good. the buck was down the dog was called and we found it just before the light went what a great first evening.and what a great weekend . really great to meet colin Solway and norma308 and Jamie . there was another great stalk the following day which seen another buck grassed which all three of us seen but ill let gelert tell you that one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butcherd.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	306.0 KB 
ID:	40797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first buck 2014.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	476.3 KB 
ID:	40798
    Last edited by toad; 18-04-2014 at 21:19.

Nice one toad looks like a good weekend for all concerned reality hits when we've to go back to work though eh !
    You want to contact Colin for a boar while your up another time you sounded tempted ?
    Regards
    norma

Waidmannsheil, sounds like a great stalk, which turned well....

People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Nice one toad looks like a good weekend for all concerned reality hits when we've to go back to work though eh !
    You want to contact Colin for a boar while your up another time you sounded tempted ?
    Regards
    norma
    always tempted norma .

Nice to meet you and mates toad , sounds like you had a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Nice to meet you and mates toad , sounds like you had a good weekend
    nice to meet you aswell colin . ime sure we will bump into each other in the clachan