Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kestrels

Kestrels

I had a pair of kestrels nest in the end of my house last year, I live in a converted barn and they made their home in the gable end in one of the original 'owl holes.' These were built in to encourage owls to take up residence and help sort out the mice in the good old days when it was a threshing barn! Last year the pair raised two broods successfully and they are back again this year I had a sneaky peak through the glass this morning and the hen has laid 4 eggs over the last week or so. I look forward to being woken up again at 4.00am when the chicks wake up and realise it's breakfast time

ATB

T

That's fantastic, maybe put a small camera up there too to keep a eye on the parents feeding chicks.

Think I could deal with the racket, for pleasure of having them nesting in my house��

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by steve109 View Post
    That's fantastic, maybe put a small camera up there too to keep a eye on the parents feeding chicks.
    Would be lovely to see some pictures/footage of them growing up!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I think this will be a popular thread if we can see a week by week picture much better than spring watch thanks for sharing
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I think this will be a popular thread if we can see a week by week picture much better than spring watch thanks for sharing
    norma
    I will second that. I look forward to watching more

Yea, come on thomas, get the pictures up.

I will defo be watching cheers

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    norma
    Absolutely, great idea. Really looking forward to the next instalment Thomas.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Steve

Nice one Tom. I've only got a pair of stock doves in my owl box and would much prefer kestrels. Seem to be alot less of them about and guess they are finding themselves on goshawk menus and struggling in general. Like the other posts, I reckon a weekly update on your kestrel next box would get a really positive SD following. Look forward to next instalment!