Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Sticks

Shooting Sticks

Hi Guys

Ive got a new bit of ground and the topography is such that the majority of shots will be off shooting sticks.

Can anyone recommend make/ model ? .... was think bi-sticks rather than tri or quad.

Many Thanks

CVK

Limulus quad sticks pm him they're really well made and an icredably solid rest I'd never go back to single sticks now
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by craigievarkiller View Post
    Hi Guys

Ive got a new bit of ground and the topography is such that the majority of shots will be off shooting sticks.

Can anyone recommend make/ model ? .... was think bi-sticks rather than tri or quad.

Many Thanks

CVK
    if its by sticks nip down to b&q and get some 6' garden canes and make ur own much more satisfying shooting them of something you make urself if you need some of the rubber o' rings pm me ur address and I'll send you some. I have shot dozens of beasts of mine

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Limulus quad sticks pm him they're really well made and an icredably solid rest I'd never go back to single sticks now
    Thanks for that Jimbo.

Are quad sticks not too cumbersome / bulky....good bit of walking to be done so don't want something too heavy or bulky ?

Cheers

CVK

Hi Guys

Many Thanks

CVK
    I have given up on purchased sticks, they kept falling apart. I now use a couple of the green canes from B&Q, nice and light and inexpensive. I wouldn't 't go back. I use them for both stalking and also for shooting at night for rabbits. Excellent and all for less than 15.

Give David Stretton at Donnington Deer Management a call and he will post you a rubber ring (4) to hold them together. Alternately see him on the BASC stand at a fair over the summer.

Thanks for that Jimbo.

Are quad sticks not too cumbersome / bulky....good bit of walking to be done so don't want something too heavy or bulky ?

Cheers

CVK
    not bulky at all no more cumbersome than my old set of single sticks and with a little practice just as easy to deploy can't praise them enough
    atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

if you don't like quads fox bank sticks are the best twin sticks available and compact down to around 1 mtr so perfect for sitting or using like a bipod but go to fully standing with a flick of the clip. atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I can personally vouch for quadsticks, very very stable. Last week as a complete newbie to the rifle and the sticks I managed to group 6 shots all well within a deer-killing space on the target at 100.
    If you don't fancy them, make your own posh bipod sticks from long dowel. Much fancier than this garden cane business
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Limulus quad sticks pm him they're really well made and an icredably solid rest
    +1. Had a look at them when he was up for the stalking fair and they are a quality item that give a rock steady platform.

Have a chat to Tony. (Limulus) His sticks are highly recommended.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.