Thread: best fox call

best fox call

Anyone here use "the best fox call" silver metal whistle?
    I cant get the bloody thing to make a noise!! Watched the "how to" and i appear to be using it correctly but obviously not. I had been told it takes some practice but bloody hell i just cant sus it

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Anyone here use "the best fox call" silver metal whistle?
    I cant get the bloody thing to make a noise!! Watched the "how to" and i appear to be using it correctly but obviously not. I had been told it takes some practice but bloody hell i just cant sus it
    Keep at it. They take ages of spit and trying, then you'll 'get it' then practice some more
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

dont blow to hard at first take your time touch the whistle front with your tongue and try ,also i made a cple and blocked the sides with a piece of duct tape,
    DONT START

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    used one for a while and got fed up with it scaring the fox's off.

so chucked it in the bin,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Keep at it its worth it called foxes from a long distance with it.....

keep at it try blowing softly once mastered these call foxes from a long distance i use mine all the time but i do them in plastic so you can change the note, now i have a vid cam i will at some point get one coming in, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Make sure you have occluded both sides with your fingers, gently blow keeping your tongue in touch with the bend but not occluding any of the holes. Squeeze your cheeks in as if you were sucking on a straw this will keep the air flow constant. It's a bit like blowing a brass instrument!

Also as I found out make sure it is the right way up. Does work a treat when you get it going. Pulls foxes in from a long way but scares them once close.

BE

i know everone says make sure that youve covered the sides right up with your fingers but i leave a gap about the size of a pea maybe smaller infront of my finger tips which i then use the sides of my lips to close off so as my fingers are actulally outside of my mouth and only then can i get mine to work,i do quite a lot of calling foxes from static locations bringing them to me and the best fox call does work on foxes but it is very very loud almost to loud so i when i use one i build up to it starting with sqweaking by hand then onto the caller or as bob says you will frighten them off but as a long range call i find it very good

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    i know everone says make sure that youve covered the sides right up with your fingers but i leave a gap about the size of a pea maybe smaller infront of my finger tips which i then use the sides of my lips to close off so as my fingers are actulally outside of my mouth and only then can i get mine to work,i do quite a lot of calling foxes from static locations bringing them to me and the best fox call does work on foxes but it is very very loud almost to loud so i when i use one i build up to it starting with sqweaking by hand then onto the caller or as bob says you will frighten them off but as a long range call i find it very good
    Cheers...this method seems to be working best for me....not there yet though...nowhere near high pitched enough but its progress.....will keep trying

I wrapped mine in black electrical tape and recut the two holes, works fine as long as you put your tongue along the point of the V.
    I have called in some very long Charlie while walking the dog but never had much success when out with the gun, I find the reed type from best fox call much more deadly.