Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a reliable CHEAP 4x4

Question Looking for a reliable CHEAP 4x4

Morning guys and girls. Hope everyone had a good Easter Weekend.

I am currently in the process of selling my Honda Accord (It's on the flea of bay if anyone wants a nice car lol)

Anyway I have been offered a Honda CRV i-VTEC SE Sport 2.0l from a friend of my wife for a reasonable price but the only thing really stopping me from committing is that it is a Petrol and not diesel.

Basically what i would like to know is does anyone know where i can look for a relatively cheap 4x4. The budget will all depend how much my car sells for but i would imagine it would be in the region of 1600-2000.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S The 4x4 will need to be utilised as a family car also until i buy the wife a little run around

ATB

Adam

For your budget Suzuki Grand VItara diesel would seem to tick all the boxes.

I have just found a Land Rover Freelander 2.0 Td4 S for 1750 so might have to go take a look at it. Anyone using one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Muirhead View Post
    I have just found a Land Rover Freelander 2.0 Td4 S for 1750 so might have to go take a look at it. Anyone using one of these?
    unless you folks kept all the good ones and sent all the junk here, I'd keep looking... Neighbor has one (8 years old?) and has had a transmission, rear end, and some front end work... He has to keep fixing cause nobody will buy it.... Have to check prices/availability in your area, but a kia sorento with the 2.5 diesel is real nice.. Takes just at 10 liters/100km on the autobahn (11-12 pulling a loaded horse trailer) and is comfortable to drive. Ours is a 2006 and has had an idler pulley replaced and an intank fuel filter replaced aside from the normal book services. Sportage are nice also but not sure they are any better on fuel for the size difference.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    For your budget Suzuki Grand VItara diesel would seem to tick all the boxes.
    got to go with this as i love vitaras and if i had the free cash would have one in the bat of an eye,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

What's wrong with petrol? I'm not a great fan of modern diesels any more after my X Trail! More tax, diesel costs more and bloody EGR valves and complicated injector systems are more trouble tha they are worth. Petrol Vitara is the way ahead! Much quieter too!
    MS

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    What's wrong with petrol? I'm not a great fan of modern diesels any more after my X Trail! More tax, diesel costs more and bloody EGR valves and complicated injector systems are more trouble tha they are worth. Petrol Vitara is the way ahead! Much quieter too!
    MS
    Hi MS.

i would take any p or d, but i have to admit the petrol 1.6 16v 5 speed is a nice wee motor. crept up a stone track on 2 mates sat having a fag in their truck wait to meet up .

great wee trucks and need to be given a tad more respect for just how good they are.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bought a Daihatsu fourtrack 2.8td , 1998 , 120k miles last October for just under 2k , they are out there good luck.

I would recomend Isuzu as have 4 Isuzu's in the family, but not trooper we own the imported version Bighorn, which is fitted with loads of extras and are auto transmission.
    We have the 3.1 t/d model and have never had any major problems, I highly recommend the Bighorn as apposed to the Trooper.
    The best engine is the 3.1 t/d,its bullet proof as long as you carry out regular services.They are available in your budget JUST. Hope this helps.p.s we have had no major issues this far and have owned them for the last 8/9 years.P.M me if you want any more info.h.t.h Tich
    Last edited by maxtich; 21-04-2014 at 14:01.

Landy???, you'd get a reasonable Disco for that sort of money