Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normark Superswede - free to a good home...

Normark Superswede - free to a good home...

Drum roll please...

Ladies, gentlemen, and those of you who are yet to make up your minds:

I found this while rummaging in my drawers and I can't see me ever using it again.

Bought it over 25 years ago now - comes in an old Whitby "Ace of blades" leather belt pouch (remember those ) and it's been everywhere with me at one time or another. Canada, Alaska, Norway, Sweden, etc,.

It's seen a lot of use but has plenty of life left in it. Several decades, probably

Several key points about these that are worth mentioning:

• They can be easily disassembled for thorough cleaning - keep an eye on where the lock spring ends up though
    • The 12C27 stainless steel never feels as sharp as it is until you test it with your thumb, and promptly discover that it is sharp after all. Ask me how I know this
    • This is a lock knife, so don't go pootling about with it as an EDC unless you fancy taking your chances with the UK's Draconian knife laws
    • If ever the blade develops any play you can simply tighten the pivot bolts

This is not a drawer queen - as stated, it has seen a lot of mileage but has years of use left in it.

If someone wants to put it to work I'd be happy to send it to them FOC.

I'll even cover the postage !

If you feel you must, drop a quid or two into the Salvation Army, Help for Heroes, or any cancer research charity collection next time someone rattles a tin under your nose and we will call it even

Strong as hell when opened, more or less indestructible under normal circumstances, this would be a great working knife for someone just starting out.

Please don't abuse this offer by snagging it only to sell it on.

First over 18 years old to say they want it AND follow up with a PM stating them same gets it, in a manner of speaking

Thanks for looking - happy hunting

I will gladly have it 30.06 and make a donation thank you , pm coming right now ...

Yes please ! This would be an excellent working knife for my eldest to use round the farm and woods while he's helping me or his Uncle.

Bugger ! Must learn to type a tad faster !

Excellent and very generous offer.

Duncan

And there it was gone !

First to say was overunder, so it will be off to him over the next day or two.

It would have been nice if Overunder had put up an introductory post to introduce himself to the forum as a new entrant.

POINT TAKEN ... I will set to it gents ...have a good weekend all ,

thank you very much 30.06 ,if you pm me with the postage amount I will add that to the donation as well, many thanks again , pete m,

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    It would have been nice if Overunder had put up an introductory post to introduce himself to the forum as a new entrant.
    Fair comment, but first is/was first.

Quote Originally Posted by RDG View Post
    Yes please ! This would be an excellent working knife for my eldest to use round the farm and woods while he's helping me or his Uncle.

Bugger ! Must learn to type a tad faster !

Excellent and very generous offer.

Duncan
    Duncan, send me your address. Can't have your eldest wanting - something else sharp and handy will be sent.

That's the trouble, when you start rummaging in your drawers you end up finding all kinds you forgot you even had...

Quote Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post

That's the trouble, when you start rummaging in your drawers you end up finding all kinds you forgot you even had...

I'm like that with the Mrs, not so much what you forgot you had, more that you forgot what it's for!!!

Nice offer, well done!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory