paypal

AN DU RU FOX

okay i will admit it i have never done this before,how do i send or recieve money by paypal?do i just pass on my detail and email address? thank for any replys,doug,

Last edited:
You login with your password, enter your instructions to pay. Xyz etc, usually addressed to the recipients e mail address, your pass word etc should be kept to yourself, Steve .

,hi steve what about in reverse bear with me,i think ive got it ,they then send to my email address and thats that? if ive got it right thanks steve atb,doug,

Last edited:
You should receive payments with the reverse instructions from within your PayPal account it's address should be your e mail addy associated with your account.

good luck Doug

had lots of issues with them a few years back and would never use it again...mind you i never uesd it that much when the problems started ?

bob.

Last edited:
im not worried its only a few quid but ive done a transfer before ,but never with paypal so we will see,a chap wants my clay vest so if it goes belly up i will send it to him anyway,im not using it thanks bobjs

Doug your paypal pass word is all important NEVER GIVE ANY ONE YOUR PAYPAL PASS WORD , Don,t even store it on your P,C, once you become Verefid you can pay or receive money from anyone worldwide WHO has a paypal account all you need is an EMAIL ADDRESS AND NO MORE When you enter the email in your account
it will confirm and show account holders NAME Make sure before you press send, and NEVER ANSWER ANY EMAILS ABOUT YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT always check from inside your ACCOUNT atb Eric

Doug your paypal pass word is all important NEVER GIVE ANY ONE YOUR PAYPAL PASS WORD , Don,t even store it on your P,C, once you become Verefid you can pay or receive money from anyone worldwide WHO has a paypal account all you need is an EMAIL ADDRESS AND NO MORE When you enter the email in your account
it will confirm and show account holders NAME Make sure before you press send, and NEVER ANSWER ANY EMAILS ABOUT YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT always check from inside your ACCOUNT atb Eric
thanks eric no worrys mate hope your well,atb doug,

Don't forget before you can "spend" your cash, you will have to Transfer the money from your paypal account to your bank account unless you want to use the money to pay for something using paypal.
thanks for the heads up atb doug, i am sorted now, thanks to everyone who answered,doug, :closed:

Last edited:
When paying someone using Paypal there are option boxes to tick which ask why you are sending money. These are along the lines of "gift", "payment for goods or sevices" and one or two others. Paypal will take commission from the amount being paid so the money you get will be less than the original amount sent to you. Make sure you ask your payer to tick the "gift" box........this way they will not deduct commission and you will get the full amount.

Like BobJS I have only used paypal a handful of times. Biggest issue for me was they charged if you wanted to take money out of the paypal account. Not so painful if you are only selling for a few pounds but that ramps up if its a higher value item.

Like BobJS I have only used paypal a handful of times. Biggest issue for me was they charged if you wanted to take money out of the paypal account. Not so painful if you are only selling for a few pounds but that ramps up if its a higher value item.

They don't do that anymore, haven't for a couple of years at least and withdrawing to your bank account is also pretty much instant.

Neil. :)

thats the same issue i had, bills for no reason so o told them where to stick it, never been back since.

bob.

When paying someone using Paypal there are option boxes to tick which ask why you are sending money. These are along the lines of "gift", "payment for goods or sevices" and one or two others. Paypal will take commission from the amount being paid so the money you get will be less than the original amount sent to you. Make sure you ask your payer to tick the "gift" box........this way they will not deduct commission and you will get the full amount.

Not that is against PAypal policy to ask to be payed by Gift probably a crime etc (your choice just making you aware)

also the buyer sending the money loses all paypal protection if the goods dont turn up etc so a lot wont like to lose that unless you know each other etc

For calculating paypal fees i use this online page as you can get caught out as the extra you add on to cover fees also gets fees and link the buyer to it so hes happy etc

PayPal Fees Calculator

ATB

Duncan

Not that is against PAypal policy to ask to be payed by Gift probably a crime etc (your choice just making you aware)

also the buyer sending the money loses all paypal protection if the goods dont turn up etc so a lot wont like to lose that unless you know each other etc

For calculating paypal fees i use this online page as you can get caught out as the extra you add on to cover fees also gets fees and link the buyer to it so hes happy etc

PayPal Fees Calculator

ATB

Duncan
thanks fgyt/ duncan,atb doug,i posted it tday f/class no probs,

Back