Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pest control position in Norfolk Wanted !!

Pest control position in Norfolk Wanted !!

Hello , iam looking for a pest/vermin control position in Norfolk . Either full or part time , directly or self - employed . I have a FAC , a shotgun certificate and over thirty years experience of working ferrets . I am willing to fund whatever training courses are needed to undertake this position . If you can help me with this or even point me in the right direction , please contact me .

Many Thanks.

Phew thats like a needle in hay stack arroun here but good luck
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Would imagine the best bet would be to go self employed and find some clients. I know of two self employed former warreners or ex keepers who make ends meet either full time or part time with other keepering type work...
    I suspect you'll struggle looking for a contracted job though....
    worth contacting the wildlife trusts, rspb, etc as they frequently employ contractors for certain jobs, keeps the dirty politics at arms length you see!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Would recommend doing BPCA papers if your trying to get on with a firm as would save them giving you the basic training after employing you.
    Are you sure its what you want to do as I can 100% guarantee its not the job your thinking it will be,
    regards and good luck
    Jimmy

Too wright,jimmy,it used to be a great little job years ago,now its all,lap top,pda,s.Trackers,cosh,risk ass,and all that bull.
    Oh the monies crap also.
    I have had 5 bosses in 12 months,most could"nt tell a rot from a rabbit,but they had ;lovely skin and nice gelled hair.

Thanks for the replies , I was thinking of investing in the BPCA course and/or advertising as well , our local livestock food wholesalers said they would hand some cards out if I got some printed . just unsure when or how to start , I can easily downsize the other self-employed work I have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Too wright,jimmy,it used to be a great little job years ago,now its all,lap top,pda,s.Trackers,cosh,risk ass,and all that bull.
    Oh the monies crap also.
    I have had 5 bosses in 12 months,most could"nt tell a rot from a rabbit,but they had ;lovely skin and nice gelled hair.
    It still can be a good job,after your lot bought the company I worked for I moved to a regional company were people are left to do the job they are paid for. No PDA,no tracker, no performance police. Back to how it should be. The offers still there if you are ever down Devon way.

Oh the monies crap also.
    tony i dont know what a rot is either

Dave its a bit like a wabbit,you see a weasel is weezilly recognised,but a stoat is stoatally different.
    How"s things Dave.

Dave its a bit like a wabbit,you see a weasel is weezilly recognised,but a stoat is stoatally different.
    How"s things Dave.

Not heard that for a long while