Wanted: Pest control position in Norfolk Wanted !!

Barnett

Hello , iam looking for a pest/vermin control position in Norfolk . Either full or part time , directly or self - employed . I have a FAC , a shotgun certificate and over thirty years experience of working ferrets . I am willing to fund whatever training courses are needed to undertake this position . If you can help me with this or even point me in the right direction , please contact me .

Many Thanks.

Would imagine the best bet would be to go self employed and find some clients. I know of two self employed former warreners or ex keepers who make ends meet either full time or part time with other keepering type work...
I suspect you'll struggle looking for a contracted job though....
worth contacting the wildlife trusts, rspb, etc as they frequently employ contractors for certain jobs, keeps the dirty politics at arms length you see!

Would recommend doing BPCA papers if your trying to get on with a firm as would save them giving you the basic training after employing you.
Are you sure its what you want to do as I can 100% guarantee its not the job your thinking it will be,
regards and good luck
Jimmy

Too wright,jimmy,it used to be a great little job years ago,now its all,lap top,pda,s.Trackers,cosh,risk ass,and all that bull.
Oh the monies crap also.
I have had 5 bosses in 12 months,most could"nt tell a rot from a rabbit,but they had ;lovely skin and nice gelled hair.

Thanks for the replies , I was thinking of investing in the BPCA course and/or advertising as well , our local livestock food wholesalers said they would hand some cards out if I got some printed . just unsure when or how to start , I can easily downsize the other self-employed work I have at the moment.

Too wright,jimmy,it used to be a great little job years ago,now its all,lap top,pda,s.Trackers,cosh,risk ass,and all that bull.
Oh the monies crap also.
I have had 5 bosses in 12 months,most could"nt tell a rot from a rabbit,but they had ;lovely skin and nice gelled hair.
It still can be a good job,after your lot bought the company I worked for I moved to a regional company were people are left to do the job they are paid for. No PDA,no tracker, no performance police. Back to how it should be. The offers still there if you are ever down Devon way.

Oh the monies crap also.

tony i dont know what a rot is either :lol::lol::lol:

Dave its a bit like a wabbit,you see a weasel is weezilly recognised,but a stoat is stoatally different.
How"s things Dave.

Hello , iam looking for a pest/vermin control position in Norfolk . Either full or part time , directly or self - employed . I have a FAC , a shotgun certificate and over thirty years experience of working ferrets . I am willing to fund whatever training courses are needed to undertake this position . If you can help me with this or even point me in the right direction , please contact me .

Many Thanks.

if you have no formal qualifications in pest management
you should contact the NPTA or BPCA even the RSH to get yourself booked in for a minimum of level 2 in general pest management (week long course normally) that will allow you to apply chemicals to control rodent and insect pests up to and including food sites.
alternatively send a CV out to pest companies stating what you can do now and would like to progress in the industry that could find you a job with the training thrown in as well. You never know

wildlife is a smaller part of pest management and to make a profit you will need to be proficient in all areas

including a proviso that I would recommend you obtain as much experience prior to taking that course with a proper pest control operator who is qualified himself to help you get through the course, there is a lot of new legislation that has changed the way pest control is managed and there is still a lot more this year as well with gassing and routine management of pesticides. Get as much info and experience as you can

I travel to norfolk, Cambridge and Suffolk regularly for work and deer stalking, If I can be of some help with literature or advice please contact me, it will take a while to get set up and running but get as much certification risk management and method statement experience you can.

i live in Kent, probably a bit far for you to travel, but you would be most welcome to come out with me to gain experience and that will give you an insight into the work and help to get you through the certification required

expect it to be a sloooooow process because getting the paperwork right, a website etc etc doesn't necessarily get you enough work, it will come over time

good luck and If I can be of any assistance send me a pm with your contact number and I will give you a call, I am in norfolk stalking in a couple of weeks if that's any good to you

ATB

Phil

if you have no formal qualifications in pest management
you should contact the NPTA or BPCA even the RSH to get yourself booked in for a minimum of level 2 in general pest management (week long course normally) that will allow you to apply chemicals to control rodent and insect pests up to and including food sites.
alternatively send a CV out to pest companies stating what you can do now and would like to progress in the industry that could find you a job with the training thrown in as well. You never know

wildlife is a smaller part of pest management and to make a profit you will need to be proficient in all areas

including a proviso that I would recommend you obtain as much experience prior to taking that course with a proper pest control operator who is qualified himself to help you get through the course, there is a lot of new legislation that has changed the way pest control is managed and there is still a lot more this year as well with gassing and routine management of pesticides. Get as much info and experience as you can

I travel to norfolk, Cambridge and Suffolk regularly for work and deer stalking, If I can be of some help with literature or advice please contact me, it will take a while to get set up and running but get as much certification risk management and method statement experience you can.

i live in Kent, probably a bit far for you to travel, but you would be most welcome to come out with me to gain experience and that will give you an insight into the work and help to get you through the certification required

expect it to be a sloooooow process because getting the paperwork right, a website etc etc doesn't necessarily get you enough work, it will come over time

good luck and If I can be of any assistance send me a pm with your contact number and I will give you a call, I am in norfolk stalking in a couple of weeks if that's any good to you

ATB

Phil

This ^ Sound advice

Martin (Pest Technician)

Back