Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: poaching with rimfires

poaching with rimfires

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poacher.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	40966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140421_200006.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	40967Went out to a bit of land that I shoot after a buck I had seen the other week After getting a bit wet the rain stopped and out came the roe I dropped the buck as planed .All thing where good until I went and done a few checks as I do, when I got to the back side there seem to be a puss filled hole so I hung it up and got the gralloch over, all things fine there. when I started to cut the what I though was a abcess i felt the knife touch something metal like, and there it was the good old 17HMR remains the problem is that this is the second one from that area 2 months ago I shot a Muntjac which had it's face blown off .that buck must off been in some pain there was so much puss ,poor thing what can I do. I might go and nock on some neighbouring farm doors a let them know what I have found ,it's probably a over ambitious rabbit shooter who doesn't give a f**k about what he is shooting at ? I will put some pitchers up
    Last edited by berg; 21-04-2014 at 22:20.

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    Went out to a bit of land that I shoot after a buck I had seen the other week After getting a bit wet the rain stopped and out came the roe I dropped the buck as planed .All thing where good until I went and done a few checks as I do, when I got to the back side there seem to be a puss filled hole so I hung it up and got the gralloch over, all things fine there. when I started to cut the what I though was a abcess i felt the knife touch something metal like, and there it was the good old 17HMR remains the problem is that this is the second one from that area 2 months ago I shot a Muntjac which had it's face blown off .that buck must off been in some pain there was so much puss ,poor thing what can I do. I might go and nock on some neighbouring farm doors a let them know what I have found ,it's probably a over ambitious rabbit shooter who doesn't give a f**k about what he is shooting at ? I will put some pitchers up

I think you will find its more than an over ambitious rabbit shooter more than likely the "P" word.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

I came across an injured doe today, saw it sat close to the road as I stopped by a gateway, new it was odd, got out and walked across to it, got within 7 or 8 steps and it got up trying to run, it was missing the lower part of one rear leg from knee down, cant say for sure but its leg didnt look a fresh wound, not too stress it I left it and came back for another look, it was where I left it, in the face it looked ok,got close again and it got up and noticed it had a bald patch on its shoulder too, it must of been hit ny a vehicle, think if it didnt get through the hedge I could of rugby tackled to the ground, it didnt look to comfortable on that bald shoulder either, havent seem this doe with lower leg missing before, probaly got caught by the mower in a previous year, cant see the animal would of lost its rear leg being hit by a car, will go looking for it in a few days to see if its still alive, didnt want to shoot it if it may recover.
    Last edited by swarovski; 21-04-2014 at 22:00.

that bald patch on its shoulder could be where it had been struck by a car

Nothing new pulled a few rimfire rounds out when skinning and quite a lot of number 6 shot on muntys too
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

The sods roam all over a bit of ground I have in Suffolk. Depending on where you are (Bury) keep an eye out for a blue Subaru Forester. Same as you though, I've shot a few deer now with wounds by dogs /rf's and one muntjac with a crossbow bolt head in its haunch.

Amazes me every time I see an animal 'behaving normal' to then reveal something when grolloched or skinned that obviously would have been painful

T

Probably best in these cases is report it to the police for the attention of the wildlife officer, it's more evidence of poaching in those areas

I agree with Wingy it should be reported to your local wildlife crime officer at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-joppa View Post
    I think you will find its more than an over ambitious rabbit shooter more than likely the "P" word.
    Pikeys?
    Police?
    Paedos?
    Paratroopers?
    no wait......Politicians? aren't they to blame for everything?

I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Pikeys?
    Police?
    Paedos?
    Paratroopers?
    no wait......Politicians? aren't they to blame for everything?

I give up.

Well done Ed, you forgot Priest's !!!!!!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.