Thread: Zeiss Terra

Zeiss Terra

Zeiss have brought an entry level range of optics made in China sold under the Zeiss Terra brand. They seem to be officially selling their binoculars in the UK but not the scopes. But was in a London gunshop last week and the had one of the 2-7x32 Terra scopes. Had a look at it and for its price (350) seemed good value - bright optics and the 2-7x32 strikes me as very nice little scope that can be mounted low and has all magnification most of us need. Only thing I didn't like is it has an American style Duplex reticle rather than the German 4a which I much prefer. Seemed very light though - the binoculars are made from a fibreglass type material and suspect the scope is similar.

I suspect the the binoculars will make a very good starting pair, or a good second pair but how do they compair with other entry level kit I am not sure.

Suspect this his a bit like the VW/Audi group with Skoda and Seat. Lot of cross over of technology but a Skoda is not an Audi, and these modern Zeiss are certainly not the Zeiss 7x42BGAT or Classic scopes.

Look at the new Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35mm with the etched E1 or with the 4A reticle. It is very bright and clear, light, the best thing I have seen since my Swaro Habicht Nova 3-9x36mm. These are great size scopes, especially for a light walk-around rifle with lots of hiking and glassing and stalking.

I have a pair or Terra in 10x42 as well as Conquest in 8x42 binoculars, both are fantastic and the Terra are serious value for money. If anyone wants a look through them then give me a shout for a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Look at the new Burris Fullfield II 2-7x35mm with the etched E1 or with the 4A reticle. It is very bright and clear, light, the best thing I have seen since my Swaro Habicht Nova 3-9x36mm. These are great size scopes, especially for a light walk-around rifle with lots of hiking and glassing and stalking.
    That 3-9x36 is indeed a cracker. Anyone played with 1.5-8x32 from Minox?
    Last edited by scrumbag; 23-04-2014 at 07:20.

Skoda's are better than Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    That 3-9x36 is indeed a cracker. Anyone played with 1.5-8x32 from Meopta?
    Do you mean the ZA5 from minox, been looking at one but there is very mixed reviews about them.

Quote Originally Posted by n3al View Post
    Do you mean the ZA5 from minox, been looking at one but there is very mixed reviews about them.
    yes, that's right sorry. Now corrected.

Scrummy