Working progress

cookingfat

image.jpg
image.jpg
My little pup is now 9 months old and working well to artificial tracks of different sorts, some with just hoofs and some that are 24 hours old and a little blood through as many different terrains as I can, but there is no substitute for the real thing.
so well stalkers are calling me with a problem I am putting then in touch with a mate who has a proven dog because of my dogs lack of real live tracks.
had a call from a stalking mate a couple of weeks ago now saying his client had shot a fallow doe and it had not been found which is unlike him because he has a very good stalking dog that normally stands him in good stead,his dog had tracked it from the shot site which was in a field of rape and into a wood for about 400 yards then lost the trail.
At the end of the call after him telling me all this I said I would bring my pup along for the ride, but would contact my friend with is much more experienced dog to help and I would follow up behind later on.
I arranged to meet the next day at 11 am as he was out again in the morning with the same client, we met and drive to the rape field and sure enough his dog was on the money with what he had said the night before, we followed the track up through the rape and into the wood for about 400 yards then it came back out into the same field and down into another wood some 800 yards from the shot site, we then came across fresh blood we had bumped it off it's wounded couch, the trail continued up hill then stopped,and at this point we started to check the boundary fence for blood and hair which was very close now, nothing found so back to the last marked blood spot, put the dog back on and he was wanting to go back down the track and sure enough about 30 back off to the left was the doe just sat there, she was quickly dispatched by the stalker, it was then we had worked out what she had done, because of her injures she could not make it up the hill any more so came back down the same track and off to the left some.
As you can see by her wounds the bullet had gone through both back legs and I am amazed she went as far as she did.
The pup did get much valued experience that day and has since been out on one other live track, but I still make sure I have the more experienced back up if he is available.

One more ore animal found and suffering ended by UKDTR.

there are now two organisations offering a free service to stalkers and deer managers to help end suffering if we can, at least things are now moving in the right direction and hopefully will all move on together to better things for the sake of animal welfare.

Tony

Very well done and great work ! All the hard work and effort paying off and good stalkers are calling you up when needed .

Hej Tony, Nice to see the UKDTR up and running at last. Have you got the website done yet?

good result always nice to see an animals suffering ended, atb wayne
Thanks Wayne, we are all working for the same ends.

there was no doubt without a tracking dog that doe would probably have suffered for a long time before dying a slow death.

Tony

Why don't the UKDRT and the UKSHA join forces, as it appears you are both working
for the same greater good?

Nice web page, clear and to the point.

Tony good web site I hope the UKDTR Goes from strength to strength nice to see its about the work and the deer welfare and the choice of dog is left to the handler WELL DONE

Why don't the UKDRT and the UKSHA join forces, as it appears you are both working
for the same greater good?

Nice web page, clear and to the point.

I pondered this Cadex but its a fact of life that we are all different with slightly different views. look at all the different country sport mags out there, shooting organisations etc striving to the same goals that if they joined forces would be massive. But individually each hold a different perspective and viewpoint which is a positive thing as long as they don't bicker too much.

The important thing is that organisations like this are out there to help people to track deer.

Not at all. We are here to promote the welfare of deer and deer stalking in general. Good to see UKDTR up and running at last. I wish you all every success in the future.

Many thanks Malc,John and Alec
we still have a long way to go
but getting there

Thanks unicorn,
the web builder who is a lady will be very happy to read that,
the contents and photos came from us but she did a fantastic job with the layout and the logo

Tony
Hi Tony , I was speaking to Richard yesterday about this and would be very interested in the training days.Atb Chris

Hi Tony , I was speaking to Richard yesterday about this and would be very interested in the training days.Atb Chris
thanks Chris,
I was talking to Richard yesterday about holding a training day in the Midlands,
so watch this space for more info,
don't think I will get much from Richard till he gets back from his stalking weekend....lucky man.....

Back