good weekend

biglad

good do last weekend at our place red hind and a roe doe on the saturday mornning and another two does on the sunday.weather there was still snow on the ground but the deer were still moving.not a bad weekend glad i dident pay to much attention to the focast thay always give a **** poor forcast..
Photo0213.jpg
Photo0211.jpg
[/img]

Its the dogs bollox mate .260 rem RPA thumb hole hunter swarvo z6 2x12x50 and reflex T8 very accurate 120gr burgers... :D

Nice caravan.....

Wimped out of staying in ours during the last cold spell, -8°C in an unheated caravan was not too appealing.

mudman said:
Nice caravan.....

Wimped out of staying in ours during the last cold spell, -8°C in an unheated caravan was not too appealing.
Yep mate like the beverley hill billys but a cheep room.....

biglad
great to see a good time had and nice pictures
please dont think im trying to be picky
IN the top picture youve got the rifle bolt closed
and pointing at your head :eek:
just an observation regards pete .

I`m more concerned about the dodgy scaffold radiator :lol:
But a closed bolt over an empty chamber is a personal choice which i often use myself even though some folk see it as offencive..

Sooty, a closed bolt is what I would term an unknown state, (to a bystander), therefore to avoid any misunderstandings open bolts provide/confirm a safe condition to anyone who may be unsure as to the state of a weapon, I may be termed a purist by some, but at least I will be an uninjured one! closed bolts in photo's may be ok for some, just not for me, I have seen worse scaffolding jobs on shutdown sites & been unfortunate enough to have to work off them! :) , as to the deer, NICE collection Biglad. 8)

Quality weekend biglad! Congrats!!

However, I'm with roedinator and finnbear's comments regarding the closed bolt

Sooty said:
...a closed bolt over an empty chamber is a personal choice which i often use myself even though some folk see it as offencive..

Personal choice in no way justifies bad practice with firearms. Have we already forgotten the outcome of such arrogant disregard for safety by a senior member of a certain stalking club?

Just to clarify things boys i`d like to explain that i always stalk alone so my practice of a closed bolt over an empty chamber doesn't endanger or offend anyone.
However should i shoot in company then its only polite as well the correct etiquette to demonstrate safe handling of any firearm :D
Shame about the poxy nit picking though...

Sooty, this is not directed at you or anyone in particular, Also apologies if it looks like an attempt to hijack a thread, but, The father of a negligent discharge is a closed bolt...(when the bolt had no reason to be so). :rolleyes:

Back on topic :) Which one is the middle deer of 4 :rolleyes: Then there is the one on the right ???????? suspicious cut in the crutch as if something had been removed, :p
Jim

sooty a shame as you see it as nit picking
as explained just an observation to HELP others novices
or anyone using the site .
I hope you dont regret it in the future by shooing yourself
or aybody else for that matter

finbear 270 steve im glad you can see where i was coming from
im not out to cause offence or stir the ****
I suppose if you attend courses as we did in scotland you learn
to respect those around you and not get your ass kicked off the
top of a mountain best regards pete .

Hi all and thank you for yor **** taking :lol: sorry about the bolt being closed dident mean to offend ...i knew it was safe and empty. as for the red hind i was ****ed off when i grallocked her she had a foetus in her its not nice..... to the person how thinks iv chopped her balls and dick off im not a dick posting a photo ov a beast shot out of season.......

finnbear270 said:
Steady, BIG'UN, just the usual that you would get anywhere's around here!, No, seriously, some nice deer there, I'm just jealous buddy! 8)
cheers mate no offence taken just explaning the photo mate...

Well for me in that weather condition i would have closed the bolt there is a real risk of snow off shoes or anything else filing in to the chamber. When i am done i check my gun is empty and close the bolt over an empty chamber.If some one is with me i show them that its done .With regards a photo it depends at what stage of the stalk it is taken. This one is clearly at the very end of the day in fact well after all the stalking is completed. PS BIG LAD Watch out for the cross contamination ;)

JMHO

Deerstalker2010 said:
Well for me in that weather condition i would have closed the bolt there is a real risk of snow off shoes or anything else filing in to the chamber. When i am done i check my gun is empty and close the bolt over an empty chamber.If some one is with me i show them that its done .With regards a photo it depends at what stage of the stalk it is taken. This one is clearly at the very end of the day in fact well after all the stalking is completed. PS BIG LAD Watch out for the cross contamination ;)

JMHO
Hi mate can you explain were the cross contamination bit please.

Back