Thread: Top of the morning ladies and giblets

Top of the morning ladies and giblets

Well folks

Sako Jako here in the country formally known as Ireland , now the property of the Bundesbank. All that aside Ive been shooting all my life .Started off with a single shot Stephenson 12 gauge at the age of 12 when shooting was something every youngster was encouraged to take up . Spent many golden summers taking pigeon and crow over corn with permission and cartridges provided and sometimes pay. The days were longer the sun was brighter , I was better looking , life was slower and the roses keep growing higher .......
    The father drove home one lesson that we never forgot "you shoot it ,you eat it"(old school conservation training) this was kinda like being caught smoking and being forced into smoking 20 in one sitting , lesson learned and has never left us . I shoot for the table .
    Moving on father of four small rodents now , work and family life etc has made getting out harder , was out lamping foxes during the summer about fourteen years ago and bumped into a wild old guy doing the same and that's when my apprenticeship started that winter that wild old guy started teaching me how to stalk deer , skin deer , butcher and to be honest how to shoot . With the changes in regulation in early 2000 , insurance and center fire rifle ownership here I took the decision to become educated and trained in Deer stalking taking the HCAP (Hunter Competence Assessment Programme ) in 2005 and passing the exam on the second sitting and passing the firing range first time round , you had to pass the written exam before you got to the firing range. I have no difficulty in admitting to being ignorant of Deer management and stalking before I took this training. Shot a great many calibers but was lucky enough to find an as new Sako 75 VI in 6.5 x 55 left handed back in 2004 and have just looked after it . Shoot a .22 for cheap practice and training my two boys , subs and zero recoil make it a great bunny rifle and great for the boys.
    Also really enjoy cooking what we take .

So Im looking forward to having some fun and learning more .

J

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi Jako,

Love the intro! Welcome to the site!

Cracking intro - Welcome

Sako Jako,
    Ireland doesn't belong to the Bundesbank. It's called the European Central Bank now!!
    Welcome!

Thanks Jayb
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Welcome to the site,

John

Thanks furnofeather
    Quote Originally Posted by FURNOTFEATHER View Post
    Hi Jako,

Love the intro! Welcome to the site!

THANKS Baithlonjimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Biathlonjimmy View Post
    Cracking intro - Welcome

Your right Glen of Imaal thanks for the welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen of Imaal View Post
    Sako Jako,
    Ireland doesn't belong to the Bundesbank. It's called the European Central Bank now!!
    Welcome!