22-250 reloading

Mullycap

Does using differant manafactures cases make any differance in impact. Have zero with reused hornady cases. I have federal and ppu cases
dont see how it could

Yes, I am no reloading expert but do reload .22/250 and .308win. I use lapua brass for .308 and certain data loads for different brass/ head combinations just do not work. Cases made by different manufactures vary in powder capacity which alters pressures and ultimately changes poi.

There can be differences between wall thickness in different makes of cases. the different makes may have different internal volumes, which, even when using the same powder and load can lead to different pressures / velocities resulting in a different point of impact. Try and stick to a single make of case, once you find a case/powder/load/bullet/primer/oal combination that your rifle likes, stick to it.

will stick to hornady cases for now then before buying some lapua

You might find that the Hornady cases were actually made by Lapua.
Don't discard the other cases as there's nothing wrong with any of them.

I found that the federal gave pressure signs at the same powder change as I use in hornady cases

That's why you separate your cases into batches/ makers and load differently for each case or load to suit the case that produces the least pressure.

Back