Thread: Slow Roe

Slow Roe

Been a slow start to the Roe Bucks so far. Up to now I have seen one large medal head clean, and a number of smaller bucks in heavy velvet, including 3 bucks running together in a group!

Many of the deer are tight in against the woodland edges and moving late, with the mornings being slightly better. However now the Fallow season is nearly over I am falling over them, I counted at least 30 with 4 sorrels last weekend outside the bothy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140412_004.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	41098

Two new clients a few days ago, who have just started stalking and both got their first deer with me.

One thing is for sure the bluebells are stunning at the moment and I am still getting reports of sightings of Wild Boar on the estate by various estate workers.............................now that will be a result!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140419_001.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	451.0 KB 
ID:	41099

Booked out for May and rest of the Roe Buck season is busy. Thank you to everyone who has booked and enquired.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Pretty carpet of blue there, bucks are a bit later in moving around. I'm finding to be having more daytime success than early mornings.

M

To be honest....
    I do like to hear about a slow start and less moving activity over there....
    That may enlarge my chances in the mid of May, over with Wayne D. again..

I am just afraid about the growth of the meadows, how hig will they be, will they be cut the first time already...?

The more I think and dream about it, the more buck fever is raising already...

Fingers crossef to all of you, that the season is picking up soon!!

Atb

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    To be honest....
    I do like to hear about a slow start and less moving activity over there....
    That may enlarge my chances in the mid of May, over with Wayne D. again..

I am just afraid about the growth of the meadows, how hig will they be, will they be cut the first time already...?

The more I think and dream about it, the more buck fever is raising already...

Fingers crossef to all of you, that the season is picking up soon!!

Atb

Michael
    Well a better weekend with clients this weekend. 3 Bucks for two clients, including a first deer ever for one guy, and the first Roe, followed by a second one for the other client.
    Bucks are very late moving in the evening and also moving very early in the morning. Cant believe the amount of Fallow we are seeing............typical now the doe season is over.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

The deer are moving well up here and I can say one of my best starts to a buck season I can remember.

Well a little more movement these past few days. 3 bucks taken and two big boys seen including a very large buck on the last knockings of light on Friday night. But still not many running about and all tight in the edges and woods.
    Had a nice 6 point possibly bronze head at 80yds on Saturday morning, and client took the yearling standing next to it. Will see what this week coming brings.

Fallow everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Past three weeks I have been Surrey, Norfolk and Northumberland on the bucks and they have been showing exceptionally well, Cumbria were in velvet, Norfolk clean and Surrey in velvet. In really good condition

phil

You should know by now those fallow does have calendars malcolm!!!
    Atb mate Steve

( big boys seen) see you in a couple of weeks Malc, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
    ( big boys seen) see you in a couple of weeks Malc, looking forward to it.
    Look forward to stalking with you again Chris. Not a great deal moving again this weekend, although we took 3 cull bucks. Weather was not great either

I have seen two big boys, but only very very briefly. One is I think the big one we saw last year, but it was very last light and only for about 6 seconds. fingers crossed we will get lucky for you.

Will do my best mate.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.