Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Backpacks.

Rifle Backpacks.

Considering one of the above probably one of the Harkila jobs after a few lengthy stalks carrying the rifle albeit on its sling.

Anybody use one, any pitfalls, reccommendations here ?

Thanks,

John.

I have a harkila one...great on the hill..

I use an old surplus Swiss Army K-31 rucksack with a Marlin .30-30. It is the prototype for this Swedteam, with the rifle through the middle. The rifle pulls out from the bottom, so the butt is unprotected, but this is a military pack for alpine use and quick access. They are almost impossible to find now.

Harkila ones are fine - just watch out for the Niggeloh ones. The rifle tends to swing about in them, and the bolt can dig into your back. Which can be annoying after 5 or 6 hours......

I use an eberlestock dragonfly works a treat and you can get two roe or three muntjac into no problems.
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

[QUOTE=Blackrider;776397]Considering one of the above probably one of the Harkila jobs after a few lengthy stalks carrying the rifle albeit on its sling.

Anybody use one, any pitfalls, reccommendations here ?

Thanks,

Hi Blackrider

Must admit I did not consider a backpack!! I recently bought a sling from Moray Outfitter.
    It definitely stablises and supports the rifle on your back.Worth a look

Cheers Aye

Its looking like the Harkila Rocky Mountain job will be favourite as long as it is secure enough. Probably ok for crawling in the final stages also ? Always find this bit a pain holding a heavy rifle with one hand and sometimes the bins in the other.

Cheers Guys !

If stalking with a back pack, you don't want to be unslinging a rucksac to get your rifle out when that special buck suddenly presents itself - much better to get a Z-Aim sling from Moray Outfitters - Works great with or without a back pack, stabilizes the rifle & distributes the load well plus it is very quick to deploy the rifle when required.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    If stalking with a back pack, you don't want to be unslinging a rucksac to get your rifle out when that special buck suddenly presents itself - much better to get a Z-Aim sling from Moray Outfitters - Works great with or without a back pack, stabilizes the rifle & distributes the load well plus it is very quick to deploy the rifle when required.

Ian
    i agree !