Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badgers no's down Hedgehog no's up

Badgers no's down Hedgehog no's up

Heard on Radio 4 this am that research shows that in the badger cull zones there has been a substantial increase in hedgehog numbers.

About time the scientists confirmed what we all have known for years, makes you wonder what else will beneft?

Also similar thigs happening with kestrels as buzzard numbers soar kestrel no's have plummetted, I wonder how we could prove this theory!!

D

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    To the scientists I say 'no f**king sh*t Sherlock'...state the bleeding obvious, why doncha?

But as countrymen we are but simple bumbling idiots so what do we know

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Heard on Radio 4 this am that research shows that in the badger cull zones there has been a substantial increase in hedgehog numbers.

About time the scientists confirmed what we all have known for years, makes you wonder what else will beneft?

Also similar thigs happening with kestrels as buzzard numbers soar kestrel no's have plummetted, I wonder how we could prove this theory!!

D
    Hooray for the hedgehogs " just spent days rebuilding a pen from the cull last year,
    So may be some smart ass is going to tell me how it is going to work then,

All of the Countryfile watchers love Miss Tiddywinkle, so lets start saving hedgehogs by controlling Badgers. I like to see Badgers around but not hoardes of them

Whatever we say,whatever we do, the powers that be and the scientists always know better. As someone else says, people who have lived and worked in the countryside most of their lives and who know far more of the ways of our wildlife than any Phd student or scientist, will never be listened to.
    It is just a fact of life that someone who can quote scientific diatribes about wildlife, without knowing Jack s... about how the creature lives and it's habits,will always win out. You must remember that countryfolk are not the nice people on the "Archers",(we died with Tom Forrest) but cruel and nasty people who go out and sometimes kill cuddly little creatures, and what's worse, actually eat some of them.
    I have no real love for hedgehogs and certainly not a lot for badgers,but I know which I prefer, No ordinary person will believe it when you say buzzards kill kestrels,neither will they believe that they are capable of killing a hen pheasant or a woodpidgeon,they only eat worms and carrion. The same applies to red kites which are at the moment having a field day on french partridge as all deadstock now goes to be rendered.
    The Lord save us from scientists and so called conservationists,because nobody else will.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by The fourth Horseman View Post
    Whatever we say,whatever we do, the powers that be and the scientists always know better. As someone else says, people who have lived and worked in the countryside most of their lives and who know far more of the ways of our wildlife than any Phd student or scientist, will never be listened to.
    It is just a fact of life that someone who can quote scientific diatribes about wildlife, without knowing Jack s... about how the creature lives and it's habits,will always win out. You must remember that countryfolk are not the nice people on the "Archers",(we died with Tom Forrest) but cruel and nasty people who go out and sometimes kill cuddly little creatures, and what's worse, actually eat some of them.
    I have no real love for hedgehogs and certainly not a lot for badgers,but I know which I prefer, No ordinary person will believe it when you say buzzards kill kestrels,neither will they believe that they are capable of killing a hen pheasant or a woodpidgeon,they only eat worms and carrion. The same applies to red kites which are at the moment having a field day on french partridge as all deadstock now goes to be rendered.
    The Lord save us from scientists and so called conservationists,because nobody else will.

You have to remember, academia rarely goes hand in hand with common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    You have to remember, academia rarely goes hand in hand with common sense.
    That comment would have got you banned from PigeonWatch, on the grounds that it might offend someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    That comment would have got you banned from PigeonWatch, on the grounds that it might offend someone.

Ha ha, I don't think it took that much for the luvvies to throw their toys out