shooter ballistic calculator

swarovski

I got it on my phone today and not to sure what i am doing.typed in everything i understood and when i press the solve the figures dont mean anything.think this question bob257 can explain.was words ive never heard before.thanks in advance.swaro

I really like this app but can't tell what problems you are having from the OP or photos. You need to fill out profiles for each rifle, then each load individually. The ballistic coefficients are available within the program. What data have you filled in? Don't worry about bullet length and some of the more obscure measurements but make sure you have entered the correct ballistic coefficient, velocity and zero range for each cartridge and see of the figures make more sense

The middle photo is the 2 loads I entered, maybe the app hasnt downloaded proper or ive not entered data correctly, will try and take a close up of the tables and its all to cock

Somethings not right as my elevations are the same from 200yds too 300yds,350 and 400 the same,450 to 550 the same,600 and 650 is the same, etc etc.the path in inches change but elevetions dont

Somethings not right as my elevations are the same from 200yds too 300yds,350 and 400 the same,450 to 550 the same,600 and 650 is the same, etc etc.the path in inches change but elevetions dont
I have been using the military version of Knights Armory ballistic App - very good;)
Good luck with your new App!!

this is how I have done it... sorry if this is teaching my granny ...

click on firearm and then the + at the top to add a new rifle
name it what you want
you should have firearm data as a title with barrel twist below
add in the following data
barrel twist 1 in 9
twist direction right
sight height 1.5 in
sight offset 0
elevation unit MOA if you have a scope with inch clicks
elevation turret grad 1/4 if each click is 1/4 in at 100yd
windage unit moa
windage turret grad 1/4
lead unit moa
elevation correction factor 1.0
wind correction factor 1.0
then click save

then go back to the previous screen titled firearms and click on the one you just entered
should then see your firearm listed with a blank ammo slot below it
hit the blank ammo tab and then the + at the top
hit from bullet library
choose calibre
choose your exact bullet type e.g 129g sst
on the next screen type in the muzzle velocity
then scroll down and enter your zero range and zero height ie how many inches high your bullet hit at that range
leave the rest of the parameters as they are and hit save
hit done then shooter then calculate
you will probably get a table, if you click the solution at the top left you can spin the wheel to any range you want and this will alter the table as well

let us know how you get on, I have tried several ballistic apps on my iphone and find shooter the most useful, obviously the more data you can put in then the better it should become

Have a look at the scope settings that you have entered for the firearm in question. I suspect you have it configured to adjust only in whole mils. Sorry I assumed moa! Alter the elevation turret grad to 1/10 mils and see what happens.

Getting somewhere now, am getting eg 3.67 mil changing to 1/10,I did have it on that before when I was doing something else wrong :doh:, i keep having to reset bullets speed, change with mv tool, save the fps, next thing it drops 800fps, am still way out on actual elevtions though which is 6.7mils, bal cal puts me back up to 8.2 mils at 1000yds,

Last edited:
Sorted, another question, powdwer temperature figure please :tiphat:, why does the fps change when i save it :doh:

Back