Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it really worth it....

Is it really worth it....

Went one of my permissions tonight right after work hoping to see a buck. Never managed to drive onto the ground and a buck crosses the track in front of me.... Drive 200m park car as I had a fair idea where he'd pop out. Don't think it was five minutes later buck paused for a second to long! One down and not even ten minutes on ground result.
    As I was on a roll thought I would see what else was about back to the car and off to where I usually park. Five minutes later out stalking again. This time along rarely used tracks grass upto knee height fifteen minutes later, spotted buck no2 25 mins later when he finally presented a shot- buck number two down! Finished the gralloch stood up, hmmm what's that look at my trousers and realise they are crawling and I mean crawling with ticks.
    So after a short trip back to the car and being on the ground less than a hour I was covered in ticks so after the frantic brushing them off when get back to the car. My point is I knew this ground has a high density but Christ, I feel for the poor deer!!
    finished cleaning the deer when I get home then off to the bathroom to remove the 32 ticks that I hadn't managed to brush of and had bit me- I'm still itchy thinking about the dam things!!!!

Bleugh! There's a few tick threads on here. No doubt because the blighters are doing so well. I guess that's due to the mild winter, something we are told to expect more of.

I feel all itchy after reading that.
    Ive only pulled 2 ticks of the dogs in the last 8 years and never had one on me, new ground on the borders this year, I think I am going to see a few more

craggy

You need to get some of that Rovince clothing!!!! Heard nothing but good reports on it...

A good application with Irn-Bru. It rots their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    You need to get some of that Rovince clothing!!!! Heard nothing but good reports on it...
    Aye I've heard good things too but wish it would come down in price a bit
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post

I was wearing rovince clothing!!!!! I don't think I can exaggerate just how many ticks there were. The only good think is both deer dropped on the spot and I didn't need to get the dog to retrieve them - then i would of cried!!!!

Reminds me of the day I spent shoreline deerstalking with FCS and drove straight from the Hill some 70 miles to my hotel in Tarbet. Two hours de-bugging in the shower later and with all cloths bagged-up and thrown in the back of the Landy I felt able to head to the bar only for a recalcitrant ked to run across my forehead as the Barmaid pulled my pint!

I still itch to this day.

K

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Aye I've heard good things too but wish it would come down in price a bit
    Believe me, its worth the money, yes expensive but worth the money - just don't bloody wash them!!!!!!!

used to eat the little yeast cakes (garlic is probably just as good).. After it gets in your system, ticks, fleas, and mosquitos pretty much leave you alone.... Wives/girlfriends also, but you gotta sacrifice now and then....