Help Lost Roe

Sometimes these things happen, no matter how good the dog is nor how long you search.
If you shoot enough deer eventually you will loose one.
If only knicked on the brisket it may well live to fight another day.

I did a search a few weeks back for a very mobile roe doe. . . My GWP was the second dog to attempt the track and followed virtually the same route as the first, but still to no avail.

A very mobile deer in a few thousand acre of young sitka spruce is always going to be challenging.

Sometimes there is only so much you can do.

Sounds identical to a situation I found myself in last year. After both Roedinator's dog and BenC's dog followed the same very faint blood trail that doubled back on itself either side of a hedge, we came to the conclusion that the doe we saw running off apparently showing no signs of injury was probably the one, and that I had grazed the brisket.

Glad to see these threads were people are asking for help instead of just giving up well done to all concerned good effort brian
We'll done tom

Glad to see these threads were people are asking for help instead of just giving up well done to all concerned good effort brian
We'll done tom

Cheers Tom like has been said before if you shoot enough beasts it happens,you just have to try your best and deal with it.

Back