Thread: Synthetic stock repair and refurbishment

Synthetic stock repair and refurbishment

I have a Sako synthetic stock with a small gap at the front of the cheekpiece.
    For purely cosmetic reasons I would like to fill this, and am hoping that someone can recommend a suitable black filling compound.

I am also mulling over the idea of having the stock Cerakoted, but it has soft touch panels where the chequering would normally be, and I am not sure if a coating would work on these. Has anyone done this ?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Richard

Fill it , profile and finish as you would a dink in a vehicle panel and then ship the whole thing off to Hydrographics for whatever funky finish you fancy.

Cheers

K

Thanks K,

What about the flexible panels ? Would the finish be OK on those ?

Richard

Cerakote won't work on the soft synthetic stock. A decent plastic filler such as 'Devcon' followed by a Hydrographic type dip coating would be my choice.
    MS

glad to see this come up. my sako 75 has 4 5mm holes drilled in the synthetic stock they were holding on a kydex comb raiser, has anyone any tips for repairing this, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    glad to see this come up. my sako 75 has 4 5mm holes drilled in the synthetic stock they were holding on a kydex comb raiser, has anyone any tips for repairing this, thanks
    If you are who I think you are, why the AFS are you removing it given how well it enables you to shoot??

K

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    If you are who I think you are, why the AFS are you r emoving it given thow well it enables you to shoot??

K
    Don,t. Think you know me, it was on the rifle when I bought it. Thanks for your input

Acraglass with black dye in it can work very well spend a little time getting your colours close enough.