Synthetic stock repair and refurbishment

Richard S

I have a Sako synthetic stock with a small gap at the front of the cheekpiece.
For purely cosmetic reasons I would like to fill this, and am hoping that someone can recommend a suitable black filling compound.

I am also mulling over the idea of having the stock Cerakoted, but it has soft touch panels where the chequering would normally be, and I am not sure if a coating would work on these. Has anyone done this ?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Richard

Fill it , profile and finish as you would a dink in a vehicle panel and then ship the whole thing off to Hydrographics for whatever funky finish you fancy.

Cheers

K

Cerakote won't work on the soft synthetic stock. A decent plastic filler such as 'Devcon' followed by a Hydrographic type dip coating would be my choice.
MS

glad to see this come up. my sako 75 has 4 5mm holes drilled in the synthetic stock they were holding on a kydex comb raiser, has anyone any tips for repairing this, thanks

glad to see this come up. my sako 75 has 4 5mm holes drilled in the synthetic stock they were holding on a kydex comb raiser, has anyone any tips for repairing this, thanks

If you are who I think you are, why the AFS are you removing it given how well it enables you to shoot??

K

Back