Thread: First Kid This Year

First Kid This Year

I was out for a Stalk early this morning when i caught sight of the head of a Roe Doe behind some brambles not 50 yards from me, i stopped and stood still waiting to see if she was accompanied by a Buck,she was feeding on some new shoots in the hedge row but she spotted me and took off across the field infront of me closely followed by a single this years Kid a bit early i thought but it was a few days old at that.

Quote Originally Posted by THE STALKER View Post
    I was out for a Stalk early this morning when i caught sight of the head of a Roe Doe behind some brambles not 50 yards from me, i stopped and stood still waiting to see if she was accompanied by a Buck,she was feeding on some new shoots in the hedge row but she spotted me and took off across the field infront of me closely followed by a single this years Kid a bit early i thought but it was a few days old at that.
    I was watching a doe last night that looked like she was going to burst!!! mind you she has had triplets every year for the last three - helps add to my population

I haven't seen one yet but I've been watching a doe been followed by 2 bucks all week and she's acting like she has young.

21st April earliest kids i have witnessed be born

Quote Originally Posted by sika No1 View Post
    21st April earliest kids i have witnessed be born

Great picture I had the same last year. Its wonderful to see

Saw my first kid of this year, this morning, and a few days old, this is early for here, and I consider the first week in June the normal.

Saw my first mon evening looked about a week old good and healthy
    regards pete

Spent Fri am and pm stalking with Sussex Fallow on my ground, we saw lots of does many heavily pregnant and a couple of yearlings. Apart from a slim young doe all still in winter coats. Young doe was showing about 40% summer coat. To date I have never seen a newly born roe kid.

D