Thread: Anyone interested in reloading 300 Rook (.295)???

Anyone interested in reloading 300 Rook (.295)???

Folks,

As I know there is a bit of a crossover of users on this forum I am posting this in case anyone out there who owns and shoots a rook rifle in 300 (.295) Rook is interested in buying some cases suitable for forming boxer primed brass for these old girls?

At the moment I cannot confirm the price, delivery time or even the availability but as all with things like this it will only happen if there is the demand and the more interest the greater the chance of success. So, I am asking that anyone who would be prepared to stump up the cash to make an order at the appointed time send me a PM with their name, phone number and e-mail address and stating clearly how many cases they'd be prepared to buy as a minimum.

A similar message has already been sent to HBSA members so, if you have already been asked this question today PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this message (if you're an HBSA member and interested but haven't had the e-mail please DO reply).

Thanks.

Isn't it relatively easy to convert these cases from .38spl cases, and isn't it covered in Colin Greenwood's book on rook rifles?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Good luck with this as I would most certainly like a single case for my collection when you get the first consignment please.

Sadly I can't see myself getting around to acquiring a 300 Rook as understand scope mounts for these lovely old things are something of a challenge!

Cheers

K

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    I am posting this in case anyone out there who owns and shoots a rook rifle in 300 (.295) Rook is interested in buying some cases suitable for forming boxer primed brass for these old girls?
    I have a friend who has a VERY nice 300 Rook and uses it.

He has a stash of Kynoch brass but I'm sure would be interested in more. PM me when your plans are in place.

It is supposedly still available, at a price I take it that yours will be more affordable ?

Bertram Reloading Brass 300 Rook Box of 20 - BERT300ROOK - Midway UK

.300 Rook Bertram Case [3150E] - 1.65 : Henry Krank, Everything for shooters and collectors

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Isn't it relatively easy to convert these cases from .38spl cases, and isn't it covered in Colin Greenwood's book on rook rifles?
    That does sound rather implausible. Squeezing down a straight walled case designed for a .357 bullet into a straight walled case to accept a .295 bullet would be quite a job. If you have the book, I'd be interested to know how he suggests it be done.

You are probably right Sharpie it isn't .38spl but .32 LC cases. I don't own a copy of the book myself as I only borrowed it. Mr Greenwood covered the conversion of several cartridge cases to produce various calibres. I only took interest in .295 rook at the time because a friend happened to come across several unopened boxes of them when moving an elderly relative out of an old house into a new home and asked me to dispose of them for him. We sold them to a dealer at a Bisley fair and he split the proceeds with me as he wasn't expecting to be able to sell them and originally intended throwing them in the river.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.