Thread: Sauer 202 Yukon

Sauer 202 Yukon

As I just got a job in a hunting store, I fancy treating myself with a top notch rifle. Im looking very closely at a Sauer 202 Yukon. Love the camouflage pattern. Do anybody got one? Is it heavy or light?

I fancy 2 barrels for it. 270win for hunting and 223 for training and a little bit of hunting. I then need to change some parts of the rifle when switching calibre, but can this be problematic or is it just easy to go.?

Shop assistants must be on a better wedge in Denmark than the UK?

Mighty nice rifle. Be sure to post pics so that we can all drool and be jealous.

The 202 is a truly excellent rifle, but camo!!!!!!

Changing barrels etc. on the Sauer is very easy, and as long as you tighten the bolts correctly there is no problem with return to zero. I have .308 and .243 barrels and two scopes on EAW swing mounts with total return to zero.

Dont Think i make more money than english shop assistents. But since i work in a hunting store i Can buy directly from the manufactores, meaning 40% off normal price. Thats why im looking at a expensive rifle.

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    Dont Think i make more money than english shop assistents. But since i work in a hunting store i Can buy directly from the manufactores, meaning 40% off normal price. Thats why im looking at a expensive rifle.
    If you are sure of the calibres then I would buy once, cry once and enjoy it for years to come. But for that reason I wouldn't necessarily go for the cammo but wood or black plastic. I have a 202 classic xt and am happy with it but if I could buy again I would buy the synchro stock because I use a 50mm scope and the eye relief on the sauer is too low for me. The synchro came out just after I ordered.

You will need to change magazines as well as barrel for many swaps, such as .243 to .270.
    If you change .270 to .223, you need a bolt swap, too.

I own a Sauer 200 Lux, and would have it no other way. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
    Get the caliber you want in the Sauer.

For the price of a barrel, you can buy an inexpensive rifle and scope for bad weather, and use the wood stocked Sauer on nice days, and there will be enough of those.