Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: underlever

underlever

well here's the new rifle all set up and ready to go, just waiting on the sling attachment, cheap as chips and turns out to be very nice to shoot,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Lovely rifle - I must be a cowboy reincarnated!
    What calibre is it?

Now I think about it I have been described as one at work
    Ed

its a 30-30 was looking for a 444 but wanted an early marlin but found this on holts so i took a punt with a low offer, it looks like it had been resigned to the cubboard the bluing is like new the stock had a few deep dings but a week of ironing and oiling has done wonders, i am using 170 grain pills and open sights i ended up with 2 1/2 inch group at just under 100 yrds I am going to skinner sights so should help. It turns out to be an antique model in either late 1973 or early 74

uksha
    or find us on facebook

Lever guns are great fun, and a very useful tool to boot, I have an Ulberti 45-60, cartridge for woodland stalking, very fast follow up shot if needed and that heavy bullet knocks them down, mine looks like a Winchester 73 on steroids, a long 28" octagonal barrel, and a larger action to boot. The 45-60Win is about 0.26" shorter than a 45-70, as a modern repro these can be loaded higher than the original ones, same as the original 45-70s, the new 45-70 reproes can be loaded higher using sensible smokeless loads. I'm going to do a speed action rebuild to lighten the springs etc to make it even more slicker to cycle the action, haven't heard of skinner sights was going to put on a tang sight, but would prefer something better than the original crappy things it came with. deerwarden

after doing quite abit of research skinners seem to be the ones to have,
    Marlin peep sights
    atb wayne, ps i ideally want an underlever with octagonal barrel and now i can relax and when one pops up buy it whilst i am playing with this

uksha
    or find us on facebook

Lovely rifle. I have no idea why but I really want an underlever

tim you won't regret it if you get one handle very well indeed can't wait to get out with it, as i was setting up to sight in a young buck walked out in front of me he strutted about and gave a bark but i was helpless, he went on his way but it will be a different story next time we meet,lol

uksha
    or find us on facebook

Skinners are very nice sights, and he is a really nice bloke to deal with.
    Mine were posted out before we had even worked out how I would pay for them, as it was before he did Pay-Pal and had a proper web site.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    Lovely rifle. I have no idea why but I really want an underlever
    I feel exactly the same way.

Nice rifle, the antique carbines are hard to find around here but yours is the second one I've seen on SD . Maybe they're all in the UK lol . The Skinners sights are a really practical sight , I had a set on a Marlin 336 in 35 REM . They will help you get better accuracy out of your rifle and are much faster to use , especially in low light . I recently picked up a Marlin 1895 in 45/70 that will probably get a set put on it . A perfect combo for Moose , Bear , etc in the thick stuff . And you are all right about lever guns , there is something that just feels right when you pick one up .

AB