Thread: Trail cameras

Trail cameras

Hi i have a Bushnell trail camera and has stopped working it is the third camera I have had in three years replaced each time.
    What type of trail cam would anybody recommend.
    Cheers

Out of interest David,

When you say stopped working, does it just not turn on any more? I had issues with mine and had to update the software..

Ben

Hi David I hope your keeping well, I got a few moultrie cameras from the states last year and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dspensley View Post
    Hi i have a Bushnell trail camera and has stopped working it is the third camera I have had in three years replaced each time.
    What type of trail cam would anybody recommend.

Cheers
    Acorn everytime with or without M.M.S.good hunting .C B.

Trail cameras are cheap electronics in a plastic box that we then leave outside tied to a tree for the whole year so they have a very high failure rate and a "good" life for one seems to be in and around 2 years. Take a look at the chasing game forums as these folks take their trail cameras very seriously indeed:

Chasingame.com discussion forum Index page

Bushnell offer a 2 year warranty for the most part because they had some quality control problems with the pre-2012 cameras in particular. If you want better support and reliability than Bushnell then, from what I've read, you have to go for Reconyx. I don't have the money and am not brave enough to tie a 600 camera to a tree so I've never tried one myself.

The truth is that once you read something like the chasing game forum, where many members have a wide range of cameras from many makers, it becomes clear that they all have problems and that they are all prone to having a relatively short service life. I have 2 Bushnells, on about 2 years old and one about 3 months old, and I like them plus they are the only cameras that give me exactly what I need however the others are catching up fast.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/