L200 won't start?

jackfish

Any L200 owners out there?

My l200 won't start, don't have the faintest idea whats up with it but it sounds really poorly when trying to turn it over.

HELP!

ATB

Bryan

Nae good Bryan

Im on my 4th L200 and never had that bother before !

Is the 'poorly' noise coming from the starter motor or the engine itself ?

C

L200 owner have been for a long!! Time but no mechanical knowledge I'm afraid. So only running advice not what you are after.

George.

The radio etc comes on when i turn the key but it maybe turns one time then seems to click over and over, starter sounds about right maybe!

:confused:

You need to get your battery and charging circuit tested.
Sounds like your battery is goosed or you alternator is not charging it.

No haven't done anything yet as just in the door back from a week in Denmark. My mate will be over in the morning with some jump leads and we'll give that a go! Strange though as it was working fine last week before i went away. I'm blaming the wife! lol :-|

ATB

Bryan

I had the the same problem about a fortnight ago it turned out it was a loose connection on the battery, carried jump leads in the back before I realised that was the problem might be worth checking

I had the the same problem about a fortnight ago it turned out it was a loose connection on the battery, carried jump leads in the back before I realised that was the problem might be worth checking
Similar here after my L200 had been over a particularly bumpy road loose battery connector and battery holder
norma

does it have an immobiliser on the ignition system if the key fob has got wet or been dropped they can cause problems

Cheers for the heads up lads and all the advice, really appreciate it, plenty to try tomorrow!

ATB

Bryan

First off, check that you've still got two altenator belts. If one has snapped the battery won't charge properly. Once you've got it started check that the charging gauge is showing 14V when the engine is running. If it's showing less than that the battery isn't charging and it could be the altenator at fault.

Could be the battery and/or the terminals or the alternator or the belts but if the red dash light goes out i would bet on the battery. Is it topped up??

Well in the end it was the battery. We jump started it this morning and took it for a run, no issues starting up again once stopped but as a precaution went to my local garage for him to check it over to see if it was holding charge. It was well below on the meter, less than half so it was removed and you could see the fluid was well below the recommended level so new battery installed, confidence restored!

Thanks for the advice given, appreciate it!!

ATB

Bryan

Hi mate how old is the L200 , starting is a common fault sounds like your alternator is about to go and you battery is draining , I would get alternator changed first, then change glow pugs , and ignition rail if the battery is completely fecked I would get that changed also ..... These are very common faults on the L200

Back