Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellie storage nightmare---What do you do?

Wellie storage nightmare---What do you do?

There are five almost daily wellie wearers in our family three kids, wife and myself. They kick their wellies off in the porch randomly in front of the door creating a trip hazard and looking a mess etc.
    I have seen various hooks etc that you slot wellies into upside down but to be honest I don't want to get hold of a muddy welly by the sole to hang it, the kids certainly wont bother.
    Does anyone else have any bright ideas? I've got a fair bit of room.

Cheers George

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    There are five almost daily wellie wearers in our family three kids, wife and myself. They kick their wellies off in the porch randomly in front of the door creating a trip hazard and looking a mess etc.
    I have seen various hooks etc that you slot wellies into upside down but to be honest I don't want to get hold of a muddy welly by the sole to hang it, the kids certainly wont bother.
    Does anyone else have any bright ideas? I've got a fair bit of room.

Cheers George
    Get a wellie rack over a small tube heater AND an outside tap by the back door. Wash wellies and then hang them up- they'll be dry in no time. Simples

Train the family?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

It's a good idea to wash wellies when arriving home - Depending on where you've been - you could have some quite nasty stuff on them - cow poo, dogsh**, infections etc.
    You could make washing them a game for the kids - and / or apply some old fashioned discipline as above!

Ian

Regular Poster
    http://www.jameskeyserproducts.co.uk/wellieWasher.html

We're the same but use a wellie washer (see above link). Wellies still end up all over the floor I'm afraid but at least they are clean.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foss View Post
    http://www.jameskeyserproducts.co.uk/wellieWasher.html

We're the same but use a wellie washer (see above link). Wellies still end up all over the floor I'm afraid but at least they are clean.
    +1 for these. I first saw them outside the shoot bothy at one of the shoots where I go. Looking them up on the Internet they're made not far from me, so dropped by and picked one up a year or so ago. They work really well and, when they see it, youngsters actually want to wash their boots

Although we each keep a pair of wellies by the back door for daily dog-walking, I store wellies in the garage in a rack I made from a long piece of batten to which I attached doweling. Cost less than a tenner and keeps boots tidy.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

easy keep them in the back of the truck like i do lol ... my wellies and the boy's wellies , mrs would not be seen dead in them and my daughter is almost 3 weeks old so she dont need any yet however I do have my eye on a real-tree jacket and trousers that i might get round my wife to buy for her

Just leave them. Your butler will take care of them.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    Just leave them. Your butler will take care of them.
    Surely not, its a job for your valet.

atb Tim

Thanks guys that wellie washer looks good. Perhaps clean wellies and a rack is the way to go, though 185 is a lot to spend on wellie cleaning!