Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ching Sling

Ching Sling

A request for a Link please:

Does anybody know of a UK supplier / importer / distributor for a Galco Ching Sling or so-called Safari Ching Sling or maybe a UK produced similar product?
    This is to complete my new set up of a short, light and red-dot reflex sight topped dense woodland stalking rifle.
    And yes I have tried to Google it, and Galco USA doesn't reply to email requests.

Thank you
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Hi Erik It looks like an alternative to the Latigo sling that Brownells supply (I got mine 20 years ago) - The Latigo is a two point sling which can be deployed quickly & extended to form an elbow loop. I use one on my bunny gun & it's great for free standing shots.- Or any other shooting position as well. Good quality narrow leather. - Nice to use.

Ian

Check out the boony packer sling if this is the type you are looking for I have a few.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I think - havent checked, that Midway had listed them - not sure if still do.

Dougster can certainly make one ( business/ friend link declared here ).
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I think they are over designed, and I have made a simpler version. You can see Andy using one in an early shooting show.

Bushcraft store does a cheap version. I have one I bought to have a look at but the leather is pretty rubbish on them.

My fault entirely guys - unless I keep punching him. Dougster's attention soon wanders. I know, I know - I must do better

It's actually due to Dougster having a life that he tunes out some of my lonely Leonard waffle about slings. Hence he has above muddled the military two piece sling system with the true Ching sling. I will be scanning relevant pages of my copy of The Art of The Rifle to him. And still say he can make one
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

I have one of Andy Langlois hand made Ching Sling fitted to my Ruger Scout Rifle , they are simply one of the best you will find.. He is based in the US but will ship to the UK.. He's website is being updated at the moment but shoot him a email..info of he's work can be seen ScoutRifle.org - Andy's Leather
    Andy Langlois
    Custom Rifle Slings, Holsters and more
    andysleather
    The "Ching Sling" maker! 603-630-4072
    Please email me for fastest response: andy@shottist.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    My fault entirely guys - unless I keep punching him. Dougster's attention soon wanders. I know, I know - I must do better

It's actually due to Dougster having a life that he tunes out some of my lonely Leonard waffle about slings. Hence he has above muddled the military two piece sling system with the true Ching sling. I will be scanning relevant pages of my copy of The Art of The Rifle to him. And still say he can make one
    Fair point, I've had a look and can make those if people want me to. I stand corrected - again Andy.

Long distance punch in bound

Resurrecting an old thread but, Dougster have you made any of these a la The Art of The Rifle and if so how much would be the cost?