Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady Superformance .243 75gn SST

Hornady Superformance .243 75gn SST

As some of you have may already read, Hornady will be producing the above load in .243 as of 2015. They should be a very good fox/roe crossover load for those of us who like lighter ballistic tipped bullets.

PH

Edit: Possibly available now!
    Last edited by prohunter78; 27-04-2014 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by prohunter78 View Post
    As some of you have may already read, Hornady will be producing the above load in .243 as of 2015. They should be a very good fox/roe crossover load for those of us who like lighter ballistic tipped bullets.

PH

Edit: Possibly available now!
    Great rounds....95's shoot sub inch at 100yds in my Howa Varmint, I reload 165's in my Sako 308win with similar accuracy too... all we need is a .224 variant and i'll be laughing...

be even better if they start selling the bullets on there own

hi are the sst range ballistic tip or not some one said to me that they were not, well that thet did not react the same way as a ballistic tip such as meat damage for deer any ideas thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gav999 View Post
    hi are the sst range ballistic tip or not some one said to me that they were not, well that thet did not react the same way as a ballistic tip such as meat damage for deer any ideas thanks
    SST= Super Shock Tip... controlled expansion not ballistic perfect for deer.

http://www.hornady.com/store/SST-bullets

thanks for the info

The 95 grain sst is one of the best .243 deer bullets around, yes they can do a bit of meat damage, but boy do they put deer on the ground, FAST.

The .243 95 gr SST's didn't group quite as well as 80 gr soft points out of my rifle. Got a few box's of the 75gr to try, will report back after some testing on paper then fox and deer.

Well there very good on paper, 3/4" groups which will do me very nicely, so re zeroed 1/2" high at 110 yds. Hope to get out a few times in the next week so will post my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by chocky14u View Post
    SST= Super Shock Tip... controlled expansion not ballistic perfect for deer.

http://www.hornady.com/store/SST-bullets

The marketing people can re brand it all they like

it IS a ballistic tip and is NOT the same as an Interlock with a nipple
    even Hornady's own literature calls it rapid expansion

Bullets - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc

SST® (Super Shock Tip)

Streamlined for ultra-flat trajectories our SST contains a polymer tip for rapid expansion

InterLock® (RN, SP, SP-RP, FP, HP)

The aerodynamic secant ogive of the Hornady InterLock® delivers flat trajectories and great accuracy. It's tapered jacket allows for deep penetration and controlled expansion while the InterLock ring locks core and jacket together.

I do my mincing at home