Thread: Sold Riflec-Keepimg the slot open and changing calibre...

Sold Riflec-Keepimg the slot open and changing calibre...

I think I know how to keep a slot open for a .308..... question is how to keep open "a slot" whilst I test out a few calibres at Bisley. Not sure if I want to go for a lighter .222, .223, .243 in addition to my .308, which will beat me up a bit too much on the 22 round+ competitions... So, just need a bit of time to sort it all out.

Oh, and how to sort out the badly spelled title....
    Last edited by Toxster; 27-04-2014 at 14:57.

Not sure is the short answer, but if it were me I'd apply to hold the .308 slot open when informing the fld of disposal of the old rifle. Then when I made a decision about the calibre of my new rifle I would apply for a 141 variation.

When you sell your rifle send off the paperwork of sale and variation paperwork and just put a letter together saying that you wont to have the rifle youve sold removed and a vacant space in return so you can purchase another when your ready in that calibre or change it to what you want or keep that slot and pay for another slot so you have a choice of eigher that way you wont have to wait for it to come back then wait for it to come back again if you want to vari it for a different one

i think that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    When you sell your rifle send off the paperwork of sale and variation paperwork and just put a letter together saying that you wont to have the rifle youve sold removed and a vacant space in return so you can purchase another when your ready in that calibre or change it to what you want or keep that slot and pay for another slot so you have a choice of eigher that way you wont have to wait for it to come back then wait for it to come back again if you want to vari it for a different one

i think that makes sense
    It does make sense. Don't ask, don't get.

If I read this right. You are going to sell the .308 in your current possession. As said just inform of sale and ask for a 1-4-1. This will be at no cost. However if you wish to obtain a new caliber of any listed this will be a variation to your license. So you will need to apply for the variation citing good reason etc and pay the appropriate fee. Once the variation is confirmed you will be able to go and purchase the new caliber. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

I've asked for the slot to be kept open. It remains possible that the "other calibre" will still end up being a .308 anyway.