Been a'tinkerin' today and got this one mostly finished:

image_zps7b7653ba.jpg

image_zpseee1e35b.jpg

image_zps5f7fe272.jpg

image_zpsc31d334a.jpg

image_zpsaa8f2edf.jpg

image_zpsa547e020.jpg

Apologies for the crap photography!

It's in 3mm 154CM stainless steel, black liners under some Rosewood a mate gave me a year or two ago and some stainless Loveless bolts. It of course wouldn't be one of mine if it hadn't received the attention of a few files.

Still some fine fettling to do, but it's useable. :)

No immediate plans for this one, but the first one i did in this shape several years ago was intended to be used gralloching Red deer. I'm off to do a skinning/butchery display for a load of Ray Mears apostles this coming weekend, i may just use this one for that.

Now i just need the beasts! :doh: :british:

It'll do a job David, no doubt about that!

Hopefully I'll get some pics of it being used this weekend. :)

Thats beautiful Nick, When would be a good time to visit you and get some tips and possibly use some of your equipment.
Tusker.

Thats beautiful Nick, When would be a good time to visit you and get some tips and possibly use some of your equipment.
Tusker.

Is that foal all sorted now then mate?

I'll see about working out a date. Got a blade that I need to get done for a mates 60th, gonna be a delicate job for me so will need a bit of time to get right.

Last edited:
Yes, foal all well. I am off to Africa 31st May and would like to get knives finnished to take with me ,only if they turn out ok.
i would like to know how you do that file work.;)
Tusker

Different , nice file work, although it gives the impression of being weak at the tang, I know it will not be. would love to have it in my hand to feel. no offence meant.

Different , nice file work, although it gives the impression of being weak at the tang, I know it will not be. would love to have it in my hand to feel. no offence meant.

Yeah it Looks that way, but then it's a knife, not a pry bar or tyre lever. ;)

If a knife is used for what it's made for then there shouldn't be a drama. A stick tang on a Frosts/Mora or other Scandinavian type of knife is much narrower than the waistline on this one, and yet the vast majority of the membership hereabouts will say that's all they ever use.

:)

Back